navigation

Wednesday 30 August 2017

August: The Love List


It's the end of August. How?! When?! Why?! But, aside from the fact that time seems to be slipping away before our very eyes, it's already the time of the month where I sit down and chat you lovely lot through all of the ah-mazing things I've been all kinds of obsessed with these past few weeks. It's a pretty small selection this time round, compared to other months, but everything in here is awesome and I feel like I've got some proper gems in there. All of my previous posts of this format can be found here if you fancy a little look but without any further ado - let's get started... 

ARDELL DUAL-ENDED LASH APPLICATOR - Makeup-wise, there hasn't been too much new-ness that's entered my rotation over this past month - I know, what's wrong with me? I'm sure it'll all be back to normal next month and I'll be trying out new makeup bits 'n' bobs here, there and everywhere but for now, the only new makeup-ish item that I've recently given a go is this false lash applicator from Ardell. I'd never given anything of the kind before but seeing as I'm always on the lookout for anything that makes applying false lashes any easier, it instantly stood out to me as something I needed to give a go and I'm very glad I did. While over time, I have become not too bad at putting them on relatively quickly, I do find this to make the whole process even more foolproof. Usually, I simply use my standard pair of tweezers to whack 'em on but this wider, more curved applicator means you can get a real grip on the lash band to both apply and squeeze them together with your natural lashes and the other end houses an angled, rubber tip that means you can really press the lashes down at the base and secure them into place. Oooh, rhymed. All in all, this was a pretty good, handy purchase that I can see myself getting a tonne of use out of from now on when I want to put some falsies on...

MAYBELLINE COLOR SHOW FAIRY SPELL NAIL POLISH IN 'UNICORN ADDICTION' - While I haven't been so much about discovering new makeup items during August, one area which has definitely seen some brand new discoveries and also rediscoveries of old favourites are Nails. This lacquer has made more the the pone appearance on my nails this past month and I have been loving it. A clear polish filled with holographic, iridescent goodness - it really is as good as it sounds. Used on top of one of your regular polishes, it completely transforms it into something super shimmery, sparkly and very unicorn-esque indeed. It certainly does live up to the name...

ESSENCE 'CLEAN AND START' NAIL CLEANSER - In terms of nail 'prep', I invested in a nail cleanser this month - yes, you heard that right. Ever since doing my Nil Technician training course early last year, I have learnt quite a lot in the whole Nails department and one thing in particular is how important it is to prepare the nails well before going in whatever you're placing over the top. Acrylic, gel, gel polish, regular polish - whatever it may be - is it essential that you cleanse and remove any oils from the nail plate to ensure that things adhere as best as they can and so last better and for longer. One way to to do is applying some form of nail 'dehydrator' and while I have one in my 'professional' kit, I wanted to pick up something similar that I could perhaps put in my 'personal' collection and thus bargain from Essence stood out to me. While it is super affordable, it is awesome. Simply apply it as you would any form of nail polish, then go in with whatever you're applying over the top as normal and guaranteed, things will look as good as new for far, far longer. Winner!

L'OREAL PURE CLAY 'BRIGHT' FACE MASK - Skincare-wise, I tried out one of two new additions to a pre-existing face mask range from L'Oreal during August and I have to say - I am loving it so far. I'd already tested out - and really enjoyed - the 'Glow' variation last year when the range first launched and given my great experience, thought I'd give this one a whirl too and I am super glad I did. It's god a similar formula, with it having quite a grainy, exfoliating texture, but the inclusion of the lemon extract this time means my complexion is left looking super bright aswell as super-smooth and glowy. Though I do look a little like a Simpson whilst using it, I think I see more of a noticeable difference when using this one compared to the 'Glow' one and that's always something I look for when giving a face mask a go. Do they actually do anything? Well, this one certainly does and though these tubs claim to last for ten applications, I always find I can stretch them out even further than that so all in all, you really cannot go wrong.

ZOELLA BEAUTY 'JELLY AND GELATO' COLLECTION - Now, I don't like to pick favourites, but if there's one launch this month that has gotten my the most excited and enthused - it's this latest one from good ol' Zoella Beauty. Every single Summer for the past three or so years, there's been a brand new collection to get all hyped up about and given that I was yet to be anything but impressed by nearly anything that Zoe had released, I was pretty hopeful that this 'Jelly and Gelato' Range would be no exception and thankfully, I certainly wasn't. A super luxurious double cream and elderflower concoction that's sweet, but not too sweet - this is probably one of my favourite scents that's ever been released under the Zoella Beauty brand. The products themselves are pretty darn awesome too. Aside from the new scents, there's also brand new, innovative items too and every single one I tried as part of my 'First Impressions' post here was so, so good. I definitely recommend giving this range a go if you haven't already!

OGX SUNKISSED BLONDE LEMON HIGHLIGHTS SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER  - And finally, a Haircare favourite! Having blonde, ombre/balayage-style hair, I like to cater my haircare routine towards keeping it looking fresh, bright and blonde and so when my current shampoo and conditioner duo reached the end of their lives recently, I picked up a new set that stood out to me as something which might work rather well. This whole range, with extracts of lemon, is wholly catered towards us blondies as a way of refreshing the colour and making it much brighter and bolder and I have to say - I am very impressed. This set doesn't 'tone' my blonde like my purple shampoo does, but it's a great set for working in conjuration with it as a way of simply helps to enhance the existing colour and is a great way of maintaining it and just keeping it looking salon-fresh for longer. OGX is a great brand for combining great quality haircare that's quite affordable and accessible and this range is no exception. Not only does this range make my hair colour look awesome, it also keeps the quality of my hair itself feeling and looking great too so I really can't ask for more. Love, love, LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS