navigation

Wednesday 27 September 2017

September: The Love List


Somehow, it's the end of September and it's already time for me to run through all of my favourite products from the past month for you lovely lot. Crazy stuff, I know. I feel like we all know the deal with this kind of set-up by now (if not, check out my previous 'The Love List' posts here) so - let's just jump right in, shall we? 

SOPH X MAKEUP REVOLUTION PALETTES - First off, should we start with these amazing beauties? Yes, I only did my review post (here) a couple of days ago, but rest assured I have been using - and loving - both of these for a good couple of weeks and hence why they just had to be included in this post. If you've been living under a rock and haven't heard, the lovely Sophie (from 'SophDoesNails') has released an eyeshadow palette and a highlighter palette in collaboration with Makeup Revolution and let me tell you - they are all kinds of awesome. For such affordable products (the eyeshadow palette is just £10, whilst the highlighter edition is even more of a steal at only £8) - they are such high quality. The eyeshadows are creamy, super-pigmented and really easy to blend with little to no fallout; whilst the highlighters (for what works out at basically £1 per shade!), whilst powdery in the pan, sit really nicely on the skin and can achieve anything from a subtle sheen to a full-on glazed doughnut glow. Love, love, LOVE. Again, read my full review post here if you fancy more information!

REAL TECHNIQUES ULTIMATE EYE SET - Tools-wise, I just had to give this set from good ol' Real Techniques a mention. I haven't bought any new makeup brushes in quite a while (yes, really) but recently, I needed to repurchase my 'Deluxe Crease' Brush as my current one had seen better days and this brush set seemed the best option and oh boy - it really is. Not only have I got a brand new version of one of my favourite brushes, I've also got a couple of extras of other faves and a couple of brand-new brushes that I don't currently own too. All in all, we all know how much I adore Real Techniques brushes for amazing quality brushes at equally-amazing price-points and at just £20 for this entire set - I sure ain't complaining.

FLEUR DE FORCE X EYLURE 'BROW DEFINE' BROW PENCIL - If you're been reading round these parts for a while now, you'll most likely know that I am a big fan of the Fleur De Force x Eylure False Lash Range. They are one of my favourite collections in terms of affordable lashes that are great quality, apply *fairly* easily and looks really lovely too. I've tried - and loved - pretty much the entire range, so I was pretty intrigued when Fleur announced she was to extend the range to include brow products. The initial releases didn't tickle my pickle too much but when a brow pencil was recently added to the line-up - my interest certainly was grabbed. A dual-ended set up with one lighter shade on one end and a darker hue on the other - it's something I haven't seen before - and while I do miss the convenience of having a spoolie on the other end, I really like having two different shades, in one (plus, you can always have a spoolie separately on hand anyway). I love using the darker colour in the majority of my brows to get that full, dark effect; before feathering the lighter shade at the very front to soften things and all together - it works so well. The pencils themselves are creamy, but not too creamy and so apply easily and still last impeccably throughout the day. I can see this being my go-to brow pencil for a long, long time...

L'OREAL LASH PARADISE MASCARA - A mascara I've been really, really enjoying during September is this newest launch from L'Oreal. This received a tonne of hype when it was first released over in the US and that has only continued now it's finally made its way over to our UK shores. Everyone loves it and I am no exception. It's very comparable look-wise to Too Faced's 'Better Than Sex' Mascara and I'd say that theme continues even when the two are applied onto the lashes. From what I recall of Too Faced's offering - the 'Lash Paradise' gives a very, very similar effect. It can be applied very lightly, or really built up and either way - you're left with a super-wispy, fluttery, almost-feathery finish to the lashes. They're soft, but can be dramatic at the same time and I also really find it to give my lashes a tonne of length and volume too. Overall, it's just a really good mascara and if you fancy trying a potential dupe for the 'Better Than Sex' - definitely give it a go.

NIP + FAB TEEN SKIN FIX SPOT ZAP - Skincare-wise, I've had a few blemishes recently and seeing as that doesn't happen too often with my skin - I needed to pick something new up to try and combat them. This product stood out to me in the aisles of Superdrug and so I bought it to give a go and I'm overall very impressed with it. Simply roll it over the blemish, leave it be, repeat two to three times and week and, personally, I found it to really help the situation. Any inflammation and redness gradually reduced and the spot, over time, went on its way too and I certainly think this product helped things along and sped up the whole process. Also, afterwards, I haven't found there to be as much redness left behind when things have cleared up (something I usually find when I have had a spot) and whether that's down to this stuff, I'm not entirely sure, but it's certainly something different I've noticed since using it.

ESSENCE JEWLRY NAIL TOP COAT - I have been really enjoying a lot of products from Essence over the past few months and this month, it's the turn of this gorgeous, shimmery nail top coat. I love a good nail top coat and when I want to go proper #Extra - I love a glittery one even more so - and this is perfect for just that. A perfect mix of gold and silver shimmer - this looks so stunning applied over virtually any nail colour you can think of. It's a quick and easy way of completely transforming your normal, 'standard' nail polish into something really sparkly and special and for such a bargain - what more could you want, eh?

MAYBELLINE SUPER STAY 7 DAY NAIL POLISH IN 'DEEP RED' - Another nail lacquer I've been loving lately is this classic from Maybelline. It's been in my stash for a good while and I've always been a fan, but with the Autumn gradually creeping up on us once more, I've been reaching for it again and I loves it, a lot. It's basically exactly what it says on the tin - a deep, almost-burgundy red - and it's just perfect for this upcoming season. It's nothing out of the ordinary, but it's awesome nonetheless and as I said - I really rather like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS