navigation

Friday 29 September 2017

September: The Lust List


Welcome to the third (yes, third already!) edition of 'The Lust List'. Every three months of this year, aswell as running you lovely lot through all of my favourite products from the past month, I've also been doing a post just like this. It basically does exactly what it says on the tin - a round-up of all of the things I've had my eye on, or been 'lusting' after these past few weeks. Let's get started with September's edition...

TANYA BURR COSMETICS 'SELFIE STORY' RANGE - First up - yet another new range from Tanya Burr Cosmetics. I swear it only feels like yesterday since Tanya released her last collection, but here we are again with 'Selfie Story'. This is quite an exciting launch though as while it is very fun when new shades are added of pre-existing products, this time Tanya's instead decided to branch out into brand-new items which her brand has never seen before. Introducing a mascara (something we all know has been in the pipeline for years), a liquid liner and three brow pencils. All very exciting and I personally cannot wait to trey them out - especially the mascara!

RIMMEL LASTING FINISH BREATHABLE FOUNDATION - I have always been a big fan of the foundations from Rimmel. Their 'Match Perfection' was the very first foundation I ever tired - and consequently, loved - and a few years back, I was a massive fan of their now-discontinued (boo!) Lasting Finish Nude Foundation. So, whenever they launch a brand new one it's safe to say my attention is grabbed and this one is no different. I'm unsure as to whether this may its replacement as it claimed to be a 'lightweight, long-wearing formula' which sounds pretty darn similar to how the Lasting Finish Nude was described so that in itself makes me pretty eager to give it a go so maybe next month that's exactly what I'll do...

MAYBELLINE TATTOO BROW LONG-LASTING TINT - This launch has received a tonne of hype and attention lately and for good reason too as it's one of the first of its kind of the drugstore market and from what I've seen so far - looks to be pretty darn good too. It's basically a tint that you apply onto your brows, leave for anything from 20 minutes to overnight (depending on how dark you want the tint to be and how long you want it to last for), peel off the transfer and you're supposedly left with full brows that are completely smudge-proof, water-resistant and just generally #OnFleek at all times (or at least until the dye fades). Being the not-so-proud owner of two fairly sparse natural brows, this sounds right up my street so I feel I kinda have to give it a go to see what all the fuss is about at some point.

BARRY M 'LIQUID CHROME' LIQUID HIGHLIGHTERS - The first of two - yes, two - liquid highlighters in this monthly lust line-up comes from good ol' Barry M. Ever since the massive hype surrounding the famous Iconic Highlighter Drops and also the ones from Cover FX - I feel brands are starting to jump on the same bandwagon in an attempt to capitalise on the same popularity over liquid highlighters at the moment and now, that trend seems to be beginning at the drugstore. Hence why there's two different brands' versions in this post. These basically look a pretty close dupe to both of those much-more-expensive alternatives and I am always up for a good dupe so maybe I'll have to pick up a shade of these that best matches my skintone to try out?

MAKEUP REVOLUTION LIQUID HIGHLIGHTERS - Another new range of liquid highlighter drops that have launched recently and I have been lusting over are from makeup Revolution. A brand that's always amazing at offering affordable dupes for pricier products - I guess it's no big surprise that they've now come out with a range of something like this. And while Barry M's offering is similar, this collection from Revolution looks even more almost-identical. The packaging and shades available look so super similar to that of the Cover FX Liquid Highlighter Drops especially and if the product itself inside is just as comparable - I will certainly be picking my perfect shade up...

MAYBELLINE SUPERSTAY 24HR MATTE INK LIPSTICKS  - As soon as a brand releases a new range of liquid lipsticks - I am there - and even more so when it's an affordable/drugstore brand. Maybelline are yet to fully jump on the liquid lipstick hype (I personally do not classify their 'Vivid Matte Liquids' as a proper liquid lipstick as they do not at all dry matte as the name states, dammit) so I'm holding out hope that maybe, just maybe, this new product will finally live up to my traditional liquid lipstick standards. All I want is something that goes on like a liquid and then dries down fully matte, yanno? From what I've seen and hard do far, this range looks to fit that bill more and so I feel it's only right I pick up a shade or two and try it out for myself. keep your eyes peeled for a potential review, very soon...

SPECTRUM MAKEUP BRUSHES - I have thought about trying out the makeup brushes from Spectrum for some time now and I really feel its time to give one or two a go maybe soon. They get such rave reviews and are pretty affordable too so maybe I'll do just that in the near future? Not that I specifically need anymore makeup brushes, that is...

REAL TECHNIQUES PERFECT CREASE DUO - And last, but certainly by no means least - good ol' Real Techniques. Pretty much ever single release from them gets my beauty-loving tongue wagging (sounds kinda gross, but ya get what I mean) and this one is no exception. I am all about those big, fluffy brushes and am forever a sucker for a good blending brush - and this little mini set looks ideal for that. Containing two brushes especially catered towards getting that perfectly-defined crease and outer corner or simply buffing away any harsh edges as you go or as a finishing step. And it's Real Techniques so as well as the brushes being amazing quality (if all of their others are anything to go by), they're pretty affordable too. What more could you want, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS