navigation

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Polish Pick: Raspberry Glitter


Another deep pink-based nail look, I know, but I just had to share it with you lovely lot. If I'm ever unsure what colour to wear on my nails, I'll more likely than not make a beeline for the Pinks in my collection. It's probably the largest colour family in my stash so it's pretty quick and easy to select something with the sort of tone, texture and formula I'm after and so I guess that's why if in doubt, they're always my go-to. A deep pink in particular is always a firm favourite of mine - for an instant pop of rich colour that's rather flattering too - and this time round, I fancied giving one in my collection a pretty, sparkly twist...

I think I've mentioned before that I like to experiment with the polishes I own by mixing and matching them together - layering sheer glitters over creme colours to create various different looks and effects - and this time, I put two colours together I hadn't ever before and loved the finished result. It's simple, but effective and who doesn't like that, right? I started off by using Barry M's Coconut Infusion Nail Paint in 'Popsicle' - a gorgeous deep, rich raspberry pink. As I usually say, I typically layer two coats of nail colour to get a fully opaque finish but for some reason, with this colour I can get away with just one. Impressive, I know. I really love topping things of with a 'standard', clear top coat and calling it a day but this time, I fancied going for something a bit different and throwing some glitter into the equation. I wanted to keep things very tonal - so the finished effect was almost as if I used just one polish - and found one shimmer in my stash that seemed to fit the bill perfectly. This is again, from Barry M and it is their Nail Paint in 'Ruby Slippers'. The glitter in this is super finely-milled and so can in theory be built up using a lot of layers into a stand-alone shade, or sheered out and used almost as a glitter topcoat over basically whatever colour you want - as I did here. A deep pinky shimmer, it kind of hands itself to a shade like 'Popsicle' - which is basically the same colour, but in a glitter-free formula. For some reason, I'd never thought of putting the two together - but I'm super glad I finally did. he finished effect is, as I said earlier, very tonal and kinda looks like you've put in a tonne more work than you actually have - and when is that ever a bad thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS