navigation

Monday 30 October 2017

October: The Love List


A short-but-sweet kind of 'The Love List' this month, but it's a good'un nonetheless. I can't believe we're already at the end of October, November is next week and December (a.k.a. Christmas and more importantly, #DitsyDecember - yep, I'm doing it once again!) is round the corner. It's kinda super exciting and also super scary all in one go, isn't it? But, nevermind that - let's get on with the select handful of beauty bits 'n' bobs I've been loving during October... 

SUPERDRUG NATURALLY RADIANT GLYCOLIC CLEANSING PADS - Kicking things off with the only non-makeup item in this monthly line-up is this rather bargainous find from Superdrug. If you've been reading round these parts lately, you'll most likely know that I have become a big fan of 'acid exfoliating' - a.k.a. swiping a cleaning pad soaked in skim-friendly acids to slough away dead skin cells and also brighten and tone the complexion - and in particular, the 'Glycolic Fix pads' from Nip + Fab. Whilst they're the most expensive offering out there, they are on the higher end of drugstore-type pricepoints and so when I spotted these from one of Superdrug own brands, I was intrigued to give them a go to see whether they compared in anyway. They are packed almost-identically, are described in an an almost-identical way and having given them a go - they basically are an exact dupe of the ones from Nip + Fab. They are quick and easy to use, don't ever irritate my sometimes-sensitive skin and leave my complexion feeling and looking smoother, more even in tone and far brighter too. For an alternative that's more than half the price - that ain't half bad - and I will certainly be switching to these ones from now on...

FLEUR DE FORCE EYESHADOW QUAD IN 'LUNAR ROSE' - An old favourite that I'd rediscovered this month is this awesome eye quad from Fleur De Force's makeup line. This was released a couple of years ago I think and as I've said before, I'm not even sure if it's available anymore - but hey - it's been a favourite of mine this month and so it's only fair I include it in a post like this. I' have always been a fan of this palette but for some reason, I always tend to come back to it once Autumn rolls around. The super-pretty rose gold shade is just a complete show-stopper and combined with the deep purple in the outer corner/crease - you've got yourself a perfect eye look for Autumn. The shadows are well-pigmented, easy to apply and blend and last all-day-long so all in all, it's a winner and as I said, is always one I gravitate towards come Autumn.

MAYBELLINE EYESTUDIO COLOR TATTOO 24HR CREAM GEL EYESHADOW IN 'METALLIC POMEGRANATE' -  Another eye product that I always come back to in the Autumn is this cream shadow from Maybelline. I mentioned in this post how lately, I've been loving using it in conjunction with a powder shadow that's basically the same colour to make things even more intense and 'in yer face' but I also really love just layering it onto the lid, buffing out the edges and calling it a day. It's a great 'one wash wonder', as I like to call them, that can quite easily be worn alone as it can paired with other products and that's exactly what I love about it. The deep, burgundy colour is peppered with pretty gold shimmer that really 'pops' on your eyes and looks so super pretty, especially - once again - for this time of year...

TANYA BURR SELFIE STORY 'SELFIE LASH' MASCARA - It's no big secret that I am a huge fan of Tanya Burr Cosmetics - a.k.a. the makeup line from the lovely Tanya Burr. Pretty much every single thing I've ever tried from the brand I have loved and this mascara is no exception. Tanya first mentioned the possibility of a mascara being added to the line-up a good couple of years ago now and finally, it has launched and I for one was so super excited to pick it to give a go. I'd heard and seen some good things before testing it out myself and you know what? Everything is completely true. I love, love, LOVE this mascara. The wand is super-long and the brush itself is skinny and tapered at the end and so enables you to reach every single lash, really get in there and coat the lashes. It's got a really buildable formula that can be applied really lightly for a super-natural, fluttery finish; or built up (like I tend to do) for a super-intense, dramatic finish. I find it to be great at giving volume, thickness - the lot - but one area I feel it really excels at is length. No matter how much you layer on, you get a tonne of length and lift from this mascara and for just £7.99 - you really cannot complain. I think I may just have found my new favourite mascara...

BARRY M 'MATTE ME UP' LIQUID LIP PAINTS IN 'MINIMALISM' AND 'ON THE SCENE' -  Finally for this October round-up are a couple of lip products - obviously m- and first off, we have the nude variation. Again, if you've been reading 'Dainty Ditsy' for some time now, you'll know that the 'Matte Me Up' Liquid Lip Paints from Barry M are probably my favourite, favourite matte liquid lipstick range out there. They're super lightweight, pigmented, dry down to a super-matte powdery finish that's transfer-proof and lasts all day and they're super-affordable too. I already own a tonne of more 'colourful' colours, but for some reason had never picked up the two nude options available. Who am I, eh? This month, I finally did just that and I have been reaching for them ever since. They've got the same amazing formula and set-up, just in more neutral colouring and they are awesome for everyday. 'Minimalism' is more pinky-toned, while 'On The Scene' is more brown-based - but I love them both, a lot, equally!

MAYBELLINE SUPER STAY MATTE INK IN 'PIONEER' AND 'VOYAGER' - Lastly, two more colourful, very-Autumnal offerings come from this very-fresh lipstick launch from Maybelline. Again, these are liquid lipsticks (I've said many times before that liquid lipsticks are basically all I tend to reach for right now) and I was really intrigued to give the formula a go. Having not had very good experiences with their previous 'liquid lipstick' launch, I was a tad skeptical, but I will happily hold my hands up and admit I was very, very wrong to be. I opted for two more bolder, brighter colours to try as I felt they would be the best way of testing the formulation out and I am super pleased so far. 'Pioneer' is a stunning deep red, while 'Voyager' is a super-dark and intense berry colour and not only do I adore the colours, I equally love the consistency of the lipsticks themselves too. The diamond, doe-foot applicator makes application easy-peasy and they are so super-pigmented it. is. insane. For such bold colours, you only need only layer to achieve full opacity and that sure is impressive. They go on glossy and don't dry down as matte, matte as I tend to look for a like, but I still really love them. Usually, if a liquid lip doesn't fully dry down - they typically tend to wear off easily, move around and just generally defy the whole point of a liquid lipstick. However, for some reason, these stick around just as well as my go-to powdery matte finishes and as they still have that slightly glossy, almost-patent effect - they don't feel as moisture-zapping to wear. I think I've finally found a liquid lipstick that offers the best of both worlds and I will fo' sho' be picking up more colours...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS