navigation

Friday 27 October 2017

Autumn Nudes


...No, not those types of nudes. I'm obviously taking a good ol' nude lipstick or five. A classic go-to when you want to wear something fairly simple and 'natural' or are perhaps planning to go all-out on the eyes and want to par things back on the pout (not that you have to, that is) - you really can't go wrong with them, can you? And though you may be sitting there wondering exactly what an 'Autumn Nude Lip' is, I actually find myself reaching for a select handful of nude, neutral lip colours depending on the time of year. While in the Spring and Summer I tend to gravitate towards slightly brighter, peachier nudes; in Autumn and Winter I find myself reaching more for ones that are a tad deeper and richer in colour and are more mauve, rose or brown-based. Of course, there are no 'rules' in makeup and sometimes, I'll opt for colours that don't fit into those patterns but generally, that's what tends to happen. So, without any further ado - let's take a look at five lip products that I can already tell I will be rocking a hell of a lot this Autumn (and most likely Winter too)...

TANYA BURR COSMETICS LIPSTICK IN 'PINK COCOA' - If I want a nude lip for Autumn that's got a light pinky feel to it, but is still very much brown-based - I opt for this one. A classic lipstick set-up - with the traditional lipstick scent and creamy formula/finish - this is great for when I just want a quick and easy lip colour. The colour is basically exactly what the name would imply it to be - a rosey nude, but with a brown-ey undertone - and not only is it great for Autumn, but is also works with a tonne of different makeup looks too.

TANYA BURR COSMETICS MATTE LIP IN 'MARTHA MOO' - A liquid lipstick that I became utterly obsessed with last Summer when it was first released is this one, also from Tanya Burr Cosmetics. Can you tell I love this brand? When you first apply this to the lips, it looks like more of a light pink but once it's dried down to its matte, liquid lipstick-esque finish, it's definitely more of a deeper, rosey mauve tone that - while I love all-year-long - is especially awesome during Autumn. While it is matte, it's not overly drying and is actually rather comfortable to wear and also smells all vanilla-ry and cake-y - which is always a bonus, right?

MAC MATTE LIPSTICK IN 'MEHR' - If I want a matte texture, but not matte, matte like a liquid lipstick provides - I'll pick up this matte lipstick from MAC. Again, this is a pinky-toned nude - but I definitely say that this one steps things up into more of a berry. It's slightly more deep in colour, but it's still fairly neutral on the lips at the same time and so is great for when you want a deeper nude that provides a touch of colour, but without being an outright berry lip. Cause sometimes makeup is all about compromise, yanno?

NYX LIQUID SUEDE CREAM LIPSTICK IN 'SOFT-SPOKEN' - This is another liquid lipstick, but as the 'cream' name suggests, this formula isn't the traditional liquid lipstick-esque format. Once applied, the glossy finish does dry down slightly, but not to a super matte effect and so while doesn't have amazing longevity, it does feel very comfortable to wear - swings and roundabouts, eh? The colour is what I really love about this product, though. A dusky, pinky, mauve-y, brown-y neutral that's uber-wearable and also very Autumnal to boot - it. is. a. winner.

PRIMARK VELVET MATTE LIPSTICK CRAYON IN 'HUSTLE' - Finally, a lip crayon that I love, love, LOVE for Autumn - and it's a complete steal from Primark too! I think this little beauty was only £2 and it is so dar awesome. The pigmentation is great, it's super quick and easy to scribble onto the lips as a kind of lip liner and lip product 2-in-1 and it's got the same creamy matte texture I was talking about that though doesn't stay all day, does feel comfortable to wear. This warm, brick-red brown colour is more red-toned as opposed to the more pinky, purple-y undertones of the above four products, but its still got the same brown undertone to kind of pare things back and make the colour more neutral and everyday-friendly. I loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS