navigation

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Polish Pick: New Year's Eve Nails


Much like my Christmas Day Nails, or my Birthday Nails, showing you all what I chose to wear come New Year's Eve has become quite the tradition round these parts over the years. I have done so in the past here, here and here and now, for 2017, I am doing it all over again. And, as usual, you just know, whatever the colour scheme may be - it's no doubt gonna be glittery, glitzy and just generally really glam - and I guess that's why I get so excited to share it with you all every year. Cause, who doesn't love a bit of sparkle, right?

Firstly, I went in with a new addition to my nail polish collection - the Barry M Nail Paint in 'Extravagent'. I actually received this as part of a free, Limited Edition set when buying some other bits 'n' bobs from Barry M online at Superdrug a couple of weeks back and figured I'd try it out as the colour looked a pretty good complementary colour for the jumpsuit I was planning on wearing. It's an interesting hue as in the bottle it looks pitch black, yet take it under bright light and you'll see it's actually a really dark, rich purple, with flecks of super-fine golden shimmer running through it. As I said, it looks super pretty as soon as it catches the light and in just two coats, things are full coverage, even and shiny. You could of course leave things there and in other occasions, I probably even would myself, but considering it's NYE and that is obviously a perfect excuse to go properly 'all-out' (even though really, you never need an actual reason) - I just had to add a pop of glitter on top. And for that, it had to be the Barry M Glitter Nail Paint in 'Majestic Sparkle'. If you read any of my posts throughout December, you'll have seen this make a fair few appearances. Having bought it ear on in the month, I soon became obsessed - with it featuring in this golden-tinged nail look here and even my Christmas Day Nails too - and it just seemed like the perfect fit for this look for New Year's Eve too. A warm, rusty golden glitter with subtle flecks of green throw in for good measure - one layer was more than enough to top things off and add that much-needed extra dose of glittery goodness. Then, lastly, I just had to finish things off with one last, sparkly coating of the Rimmel Finishing Touch Glitter Top Coat. Not only does this really lock my nail look into place, it also - as you might guess - adds a final layer of subtle, golden shimmer. Cause, as if we didn't have enough of the sparkly stuff going on already?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS