navigation

Monday 19 February 2018

4 Face Primers, 4 Ways


Priming in makeup is always an essential in my opinion - whether for the face, or the eyes - whatever. Face-wise though, not only does it act as a good base for whatever you apply over the top, choose the right one and it can provide a whole host of other benefits too - whatever skin-type you have or particular finish/effect you're after. Over the years, I've used and loved a fair few face primers and right now, I've got a handful (four, to be precise) in my collection at once (something that never usually happens) and they all do varying things too. Depending on what I want and where I want to use it, I'll pick them all up at various points and I thought today I'd chat you all through them...

MAYBELLINE BABY SKIN PORE ERASER - If pores are a concern of yours, then I'd highly suggest giving this little baby (ya geddit?) from Maybelline a go. Generally, I only really find pores to be sometimes an issue of mine in the centre of my face - on the nose, onto my cheeks and forehead) so this primer is definitely more so one I would apply in select areas only, but it sure does do a good job. I simply massage a tiny amount over any areas where my pores are a little larger and more noticeable and it ensures the area is far smoother and 'blurred' when it comes to applying my other products afterwards.

L'OREAL INFALLIBLE PRIMER SHOTS IN '05 LUMINISING' - Another primer I love using in select areas to give a desired effect is this recent addition to my stash from L'Oreal. This whole 'Primer Shots' range is a pretty new launch and of course, being a fan of all things glowy - I picked up the luminous variation to test out and so far, I am loving it. This is a super-duper sheen-ey primer that almost makes you look like The Tin Man when you apply it but just gives such a pretty, radiant glow underneath your foundation. Personally, I prefer using this more so in the areas I like to highlight - tops of the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, temples) and it does the job really well if a really glowy finish is what I'm after.

RIMMEL LASTING FINISH PRIMER - If I want something more hydrating, I typically opt for the old classic from Rimmel. A thick, creamy formula that's kinda akin to more of a moisturiser consistency - it feels really nice and nourishing on my complexion and plumps and smooths things out nicely for a super-smooth finish. If that wasn't enough, it also dries down to a slightly tacky finish that's just perfect for helping to stick things down too!

MAYBELLINE SUPERSTAY 24HR PRIMER In terms of more 'general' primer that isn't as specific and would be more something I use all-over the face to prep things before foundation - this one from Maybeline is awesome. It's got quite a thin, watery consistency, but it really does do a bit of everything - smooths things out, has a slightly tacky finish that helps to keep things in place and doesn't overly mattify my skin, but also doesn't leave it super glowy either. It's just a good, 'basic', straightforward primer that works and is probably the best 'all-rounder' in terms of a good face primer. So, I guess if that's what you're looking for - check thing one out for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS