navigation

Friday 16 February 2018

A Big Ol' Beauty Haul...


As usual, I have been doing a spot of good ol' beauty shopping here and there and the other day, I came to realise that I had accumulated more than enough to share with you all. So, without any further ado - let's just get started...

First up - Makeup! Probably the most exciting part, right? Starting with what has to be the most exciting item of them all though - the brand new Benefit Bad Gal Bang Mascara. This newest release from Benefit has received so, so much and attention these past couple of weeks, had a massive press launch and has been reviewed here, there and everywhere ever since and eventually, I gave into the hype and just figured I would pick it up to see what all the fuss is about for myself. I decided to go for the miniature version as the mascaras from Benefit are certainly on the pricier end of the scale and I didn't particularity fancy splashing out on the full-sized when I might not even get along with at all. I definitely want to do a proper, dedicated review on this once I've cracked it open and given it a thorough testing - so keep your eyes peeled for that coming soon! Another pretty exciting launch that I spotted a while back, mentally added to my 'To Buy' List instantly and quickly added to my shopping basket as soon as I finally saw it online was the new theBalm Mary-Dew Manizer. Oh yes, that's right - this is basically a liquid version of their infamous Mary-Lou Manizer - and seeing as we all know how that is one of, if not my ultimate favourite powder highlighters of all time, I just couldn't resist picking this up. If this is anything like my holy grail Mary-Lou - which, I'm thinking, it will be - I've got very, very high hopes and cannot wait to try it out. Oooh, imagine them paired together - it's a match made in highlighter heaven, I'm sure. 

Lips-wise, last month I tried out one of the new Miss Sporty Really Me Matte To Last 24HR Lip Creams and was so surprisingly impressed that I recently picked up another shade to add to my collection - 'Fresh Nude', a light, beige-y nude. Fingers crossed this one'll be just as much of a favourite - I will definitely let you all know! Similarly, I also decided to pick up another shade of the Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colours. Again, these liquid lipsticks have impressed me in the past (the texture/formula is actually pretty similar to that of Miss Sporty's) but for some reason, I didn't yet have one of their proper 'nude' shades in my stash. So, I decided to rectify that by picking up 'Be My Baby' - a slightly peachy-toned light brown nude. Like before, I will keep you in the loop of how I get on with it! Finally liquid lip-wise, I picked up a new-ish shade of the Sleek Matte Me Lip Creams. I say new-ish as I actually got a mini version as part of a gift set I got for Christmas and was so impressed that I decided to pick up the full-sized version - and it is the shade 'Rioja Red', a beautiful bright, almost coral-toned rouge. The formula is, as always, awesome (goes on glossy, dries down powdery matte and lasts all day long) and the super vivid colour is just perfect for my skin-tone if I ever fancy rockin' a red lip. 

Moving onto Concealers, I decided to pick up a Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - this time, in one of their brand-new shades, '0 Extra Fair'. Now, before discovering and falling in love with the Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer last month, this very product (in their previous lightest shade, '01 Fair') was my go-to concealer. And, while I feel that Makeup Rev has kind of knocked it firmly off the top spot nowadays, I still fancied picking this colour up to try. What's the shade like? Is the formula the same? But also, I think I want to compare it to my new favourite Conceal and Define as one final test to see if I have really found my new holy grail. However, I did also decide to pick up another Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define Concealerthis time, in the shade 'C14'. I know what you're thinking - 'Why on Earth are you buying a shade like that?!' - but hear me out on this one. I already own 'C1' and 'C2' - both of which are perfect matches for me in terms of concealing, correcting and highlighting - but now I've fully fallen in love with the formula, I really want to try it out for contouring too. So, I picked up this much darker, deeper hue which looks to ideal for doing exactly that on my paler skin-tone. I'm not always one for cream/liquid contouring or bronzing, but I've seen other get amazing results using this concealer in that way - so I'm willing to give it a try. 

Finally, I picked up one lil' tool that I realised the other day I had somehow managed to misplace and needed back in my life again. I always kept an empty brow pencil in my pencil pot purely for the handy spoolie on the other end and I don't know how - I think it must have happened during my makeup clear-put earlier this month - but it has gone and so, I was left spoolie-less and so took a trip to Boots in the hope that I could find one - and luckily, I did. I picked up the Eco Tools Brow Shaping Duo as that was the most affordable, reasonable option I could find (i.e. wasn't ridiculously expensive and also wasn't part of a larger set full of other things I do not need) and I'm hoping it'll do the job nicely...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS