navigation

Wednesday 14 February 2018

Decluttering My Nail Polishes...


You might remember back at the very start of this month, I ran this little series here where I had what was possibly my first-ever, proper declutter and 'go-through' of my entire makeup collection - and I obviously showed you all what I decided to clear out at the same time. I actually rather enjoyed it and I guess that is what inspired this very post right here as afterwards, I was really in the mood to give the same treatment to my nail polish stash. This collection is actually something I have had various declutters of throughout the years - some of which I've previously documented here, here and here - but it hadn't been looked at for quite a while, so was well-overdue a cull. So, I did exactly that and just like before, ensured I documented what unfortunately didn't make the cut...

Although Barry M is probably one of, if not the favourite brand of mine, there were a few lacquers here and there which just weren't tickling my pickle anymore. I actually didn't really mind the Sunset Daylight Curing Polishes, but they weren't my top range of theirs, the colour I do have are very akin to other I own in preferred formulas of mine and I completely run out of the matching Top Coat that you need to make the whole 'daylight curing' system work in the first place and so they're not even particularly usable anymore unless I re-buy it - something I don't really want to do. So, I'm afraid both the shades 'Peach For The Stars' (a pretty light coral) and 'Dark Side Of The Shroom' (a lilac-y greige) had to go. I also opted to clear-out the Frosted Cupcakes Nail Paint in 'Marshmallow'. I thought when buying this it would have a little more pigment to it, but it's more of a coconut-white colour with fine specks of matching shimmer running through it that while not awful, doesn't suit me that well and isn't one I've used a tonne since adding to my collection. Similarly, their Lolly Gloss Nail Paint in 'Pink Candy', while very pretty, the whole concept of a sheer wash of colour that you can build up or layer over other lacquers as you wish just doesn't appeal as much to me as I thought it would, so it is unfortunately time to say goodbye. Finally for Barry M, I decided to clear out their Limited Edition Nail Paint in 'Beachy Keen'. This is a perfectly lovely colour and one I have used a fair bit, but once compared against their Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in 'Peanut Butter', the two are basically carbon copies of each other - so, I decided to get rid of one and this Boots Exclusive was the one I eventually went for.

Moving onto other brands - firstly, Maybelline. Their Preppy Woman Color Show Nail Polish in 'Tweedy' is another very pretty shade, but I just don't get much use out of it and of all the glitters in my collection, it isn't one I reach for a lot. The Color Show Nail Polish in 'Rose Chic' however, is actually firm favourite of mine, but the lid of this one has gone kinda dodgy and makes it very difficult to apply, or even open, it and so I've decided to throw this one away and make a repurchase, asap. I also decided to clear out both of the shades I own from Tanya Burr Cosmetics. While I adore the makeup from this brand, the nail polishes, while lovely, aren't as much of a top favourite of mine and so I decided to just bite the bullet and say goodbye to the two colours I have - 'Pic 'n' Mix' (a pretty, blue-based baby pink) and 'Soft Pyjamas' (a dusky, lilac-y greige). The latter especially, with its matte finish, I just do not get a lot of use out of - so those two simply had to go.

Finally, some more, shall we say, 'miscellaneous' inclusions. The Collection Hot Looks Nail Polish in 'Parma Violet' was absolutely ancient and while the colour and formula back in the day was a good'un, is had certainly gone past its best - so that had to go - whilst the Seventeen Glitter Nail Polish in 'Gold' was a firm favourite of mine, but it was starting to actually run pretty low (I know, me actually getting through a nail polish, who am I?) and also the formula was starting to get all gloopy and sticky and just unusable - so that also saw the bin. I really want to repurchase, but I can't find it anywhere (boo!) so if anyone has an suggestions for a plain gold glitter nail polish - let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS