navigation

Friday 2 March 2018

Concealer As Contour?!


I know, I know - the title does sound rather strange - but hear me out on this one. I'm sure we're all fully aware of the Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer by now. Ever since being released in January, it has kind of took over the Internet, with everyone and their Nan hyping it up and talking about it - and for very good reason too. As I said in my standalone review here - It. Is. Awesome. A full coverage concealer that's blends out like a dream, sits super-nicely on the skin and lasts impeccably all day long and is only £4 a pop too. What more could you want? It's fast become my new holy-grail concealer (yep, that's right, I've finally found a replacement for my beloved Collection Lasting Perfection) but seeing as the name also suggests it to work as an equally-amazing cream contour - that's exactly why I went back and repurchased it in a darker, deeper shade for exactly that. But does it actually work? Let's find out...

For reference, of the 18 (soon to be 25, I believe - woop!) shades, I picked up 'C14' which, going from swatches online and the colour it looked in the bottle itself, appeared to be the perfect kind of contouring/bronzing hue for my paler skin-tone. It's definitely rather dark, but any shades before this one I felt were just too light and orange-y and any deeper colours were - you guessed it - just too dark to work at all on my skin-tone without making me look like a muddy Oompa Loompa. This colour also appealed to me as it appeared to have a slight ashy, cool undertone or at the very least, be kinda neutral. Cause when you're trying to cream contour, the last thing you want is any unwanted warm tones.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with my colour selection. As we know, this concealer is pretty high in coverage and pigment and as it is quite dark, I like to go in with a smaller amount than when I use 'C1' or 'C2' as concealers just to ensure things don't go muddy. The formula also tends to set down by itself too, so I also switch up my application technique aswell - going in and applying and blending a little at a time so things never start drying down before I've had a chance to fully buff them out - but when I do, I really like the finished result. My skin looks nicely contoured, without appearing being too full-on or just 'too much', yanno? There is also the slightest touch of warmth there (not too much though) that kinda bronzes my skin up nicely too - and everyone loves a good two-in-one, right? As a cream, it can of course be used totally by itself, or used as a base for whatever  powder product of your choice and I find either way gives a really nice effect. Personally, I tend to opt for the latter as I like to really ensure things are fully locked into place and I never have found any issues of applying or blending my powder contour or bronzers over the top of this cream base, which is always a good thing. Longevity-wise, I generally find my cheek products stay on well whether I use and this is no exception. Whether used alone or as a first step, just like before, this formula stays put until you say so - with no fading, creasing or crumbling to be seen. All in all, I'm not usually one for creams and liquids when it comes to contouring and bronzing up the skin - but I think I've found a new favourite...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS