navigation

Wednesday 28 February 2018

February: The Love List


Although it seemed like January lasted for about 570 years, somehow it's now already the end of February (I know?!) and it's time for me to talk you lovely lot through everything I've been loving throughout the past month. This is definitely more of a smaller, select line-up compared to other months, but every single item included here has fast become a firm favourite of mine and I'm super excited to share them with you all and maybe even help you discover something new that you love too. So, without any further ado, let's just get started... 

MAYBELLINE DREAM SATIN LIQUID FOUNDATION + MAKEUP REVOLUTION LIQUID HIGHLIGHTER DROPS IN 'LUMINOUS LUNA' - First up - a new base combination that I discovered this past month and have been loving ever since. I talked about it in this post here - and it really is all kinds of awesome. Alone, this foundation and liquid highlighter are awesome; but used together they just work so super well. This foundation already has a lovely skin-like sheen, but with a drop of this glowy goodness added into the equation, it's just even more radiant on the skin. However, the foundation in turn kind of 'waters down' the liquid highlighter drops, so you're not left looking like a #DiscoBall - so all in all, it's quite the winning combination...

MAKEUP REVOLUTION ROSE GOLD LIPSTICK IN 'CHAUFFEUR' - Another awesome product from Makeup Revolution that I've had for a little while but have really gotten into this past month is this lipstick. Not only is it encased in super pretty metallic rose gold packaging (urm, yes please) what's inside itself is just as awesome. A pretty pinky-browney nude that's neither too dark, nor too light - it's basically my perfect type of nude colour for my paler complexion. With a creamy, satin formula that's really high in pigment - it makes a nice change from all of the usual matte liquid lipsticks I typically wear on the regular - and is just a great option for if I want something that's nude, but a little less moisture-sucking and high maintenance for my lips. I knew the lovely SophDoesNails was onto something when she kept on wearing/mentioning this all the darn time...

RIMMEL STAY MATTE LIQUID LIP COLOUR IN 'BE MY BABY' - If a liquid lipstick was more what I was after though, I have been loving this offering from Rimmel. Having already sampled their Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colours before - and really enjoyed them too - I was pretty hopeful that picking up this colour recently would only turn out well. And you know what? It really did. I didn't actually have a proper 'nude' in this formula in my collection, so this light, peachy-brown really appealed to me and so far, I have been loving it. The colour works for my paler skin-tone perfectly and the moussey formula is just as amazing as before - applying wet, quickly drying to a powdery-matte finish and lasting all day long. It goes on fully opaque in just one layer and it also smells rather delicious too - which is always a bonus, right?

THEBALM MARY-DEW MANIZER LIQUID HIGHLIGHTER - If you've been reading round these parts for a long while, you'll know how much I love, love, LOVE theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter. It's an oldie, but goldie - both in terms of the online beauty community and my own personal collection alike. Ever since picking it up years ago when everyone and their Nan was hyping it up, it has been a top go-to of mine. At one point, it was all I used highlighter-wise and even now, I'd say it possibly ranks as my favourite, favourite highlighter of all time. I know, a big statement, but it's true. So, when I heard that theBalm were releasing a liquefied variation - it's safe to say I was pretty excited and instantly knew I had to pick it up to try out - and I'm very, very pleased I did. It. It. Awesome. It is essentially identical to the classic Mary-Lou - a gorgeous, light champagne gold - but a cream/liquid version. The formula is super creamy and actually quite easy to work with, blends out well (as long as applied before powders, of course) and just like the original powder highlighter, the colour just suits my paler skin-tone perfectly. It is really intense and metallic and a little really does go a long way so whether it's a subtle sheen or a really high-shine glow you're after - this should do the job nicely.

ECO TOOLS SPOOLIE BRUSH - Tools-wise, this may seem a little of a random inclusion, but hear me out on this one. I somehow misplaced my usual spoolie I like to use to brush out my brows and any product I put on them and though it was just on the end of an old, empty brow pencil so wasn't too much of a loss itself, I quickly needed a replacement as a good ol' spoolie is always an essential in my brow routine. In Boots, I came across this brush in a little set, picked it up and have been loving it ever since. It  was pretty affordable, feels nice and easy to use and most importantly, does the job - brushing things through, smoothing out and dispersing product nicely - and so, I just had to give it a lil' shout-out in this post. Sometimes it's the simple things, yanno?

NIP + FAB GLYCOLIC INSTANT FIX MASK - Skincare-wise, I discovered this new face mask in February and have been fully enjoying using it ever since. I mentioned in this post how I've been personally using it on my skin as more of a 'treatment' mask as opposed to something I apply all-over the face and it works wonders. I actually apply it specifically over any areas of old blemishes where there's some remaining redness left behind and over time, I have noticed things to be clearing up quicker. Obviously, some of that can possibly be attributed to natural improvement aswell, but I definitely think this face mask has helped things along the way too.

ZOELLA BEAUTY SWEET INSPIRATIONS 'DOUBLE CREME' BODY CREAM - Finally, I have kind of 'rediscovered' this body lotion this past month and have really been enjoying using it. I was a big fan when it was first released back in the Summer of 2016 and over time I sort of strayed and tried new things - but lately, for some reason, I've gone back to it and become obsessed all over again. I guess it's the pretty cold, horrible weather at the moment that's making my limbs (and just skin in general) feel pretty dry and in much need of some hydration and this body cream does the job of doing that perfectly. The consistency is just right and it goes onto the skin easily (a little goes a super long way) and it absorbs really quickly without leaving any sticky or greasy residue behind. Yay! The sweet, almond scent is just delicious and all in all, it keeps my body feeling much more moisturised.

All in all, February's been a pretty good month. Not only have I discovered (or rediscovered) all of these amazing goodies, I also went even more blonde a couple of weeks ago thanks to my awesome hairdresser (yay!), finally got my first car last week (again, yay!) and I also feel in a really good place with my blog right now. I'm getting ahead, thinking up loads of ideas and just really happy with all of the content I'm doing - and I hope you all love it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS