navigation

Monday 26 February 2018

A New Favourite Base Combination...


Sometimes, I really love mixing makeup products together and seeing what happens - especially when it comes to my base. Sometimes it can lead to some pretty awesome results - whether it's a mixture of two favourite foundations of mine, or adding a little somethin' somethin' to one in particular - and this time round, I opted for the latter. If you've been reading round these parts for a little while, you'll know that my current favourite foundation is the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid. With a lovely medium coverage; a perfect not too dewy, nor too matte finish that sits on the skin perfectly and wears all day long - it's a pretty great foundation - but the other day, I got thinking about how I could make it possibly even better. You might remember how last month I finally picked up some of the Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter Drops, in one of their newest shades, 'Luminous Luna'. A gorgeous light, pearly white hue; this works with my paler skin-tone perfectly and of course, with its liquefied, glowy formula, makes for a super multi-purposeful product too. So, not only can you use this as a stand-alone highlighter or perhaps as a primer (or any of the many other various ways I've mentioned before), another awesome way of utilising them is as a 'mixer' - particularly with foundations. So, that was certainly something I wanted to try as soon as I picked them up and recently, I've been doing exactly that by combining these two products together... 

As I said, I already love this foundation from Maybelline, but I was definitely curious as to whether I could maybe make it even better and - most importantly - glow-ier. So, I did just as suggested with these liquid highlighter drops and simply took my usual amount of foundation (around 1 1/2-2 pumps) on the back of my hand and a drop (or two, or three, or five), mixed them together and applied as usual and you know what? I loved the effect it gave. Dream Satin Liquid already has a nice skin-like sheen to it, but adding a drop of the 'Luminous Luna' just intensified that even more so. Not so much so that it was like 'Super Duper Disco Ball', just a subtle-ish enhancement. Although these drops are really intense alone, used in this way they just add a nice touch of extra glow and seeing as it is already an ideal colour match for me, it also works perfectly well with the shade of the foundation I use - it's '02 Fair Beige', by the way. All in all, I'm really rather pleased I gave this little foundation 'cocktail' a go as I *think* I may just have found a new favourite combination for my base...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS