navigation

Wednesday 7 March 2018

Current Everyday Nude Lip Picks


I love a good lippie - and whilst I also equally love trying all types of formulas, finishes and colours - on an everyday basis, more often than not I will opt for a good ol' nude. I usually have a few favourites at any given time that I switch between and so today, I thought I'd run you lovely lot through them all. There were definitely a few others that  could have just as easily made the cut, but I've somehow managed to whittle it down to just five and as I think we've gathered by now - they're all varying tones of nude-y goodness. Obvs in lipstick form, though - we're definitely not talking about those kinds of nudes, thank you very much. I've actually done a similar kind of run-down a couple of times before (such as right here and here) so check those out if you want to see what my nude lip rotation looked like in the past, but for now, let's jump in with what I'm loving at the moment... 

MAKEUP REVOLUTION ROSE GOLD LIPSTICK IN 'CHAUFFEUR' - First up, a traditional bullet lipstick that I picked up a little while back thanks to the ever lovely SophDoesNails and have loved ever since - particularly this past couple of months or so. Due to myself and Soph being similar skin-tones, I picked this up on the hope of it being a perfect nude for me and it really is. A pretty pinky-browney nude that's neither too dark, nor too light - it's basically identical to my natural lip colour and just acts as the perfect kind of 'MLBB'-type shade for my paler skin-tone. The creamy, moisturising formula deposits a nice, satin finish that feels really comfortable to wear (especially in comparison to my usual matte liquid lips) and though doesn't last all day long, doesn't at all move around and still has very good pigmentation too.

COLLECTION VELVET KISS LIP CREAM IN 'CARAMEL' - You know I was talking about those classic matte liquid lipsticks I love so much? Well, I guess we're now kind of moving onto those (as you can imagine, I hve a fair few favourites in that category), but firstly, let's talk about something that I guess kind of bridges the gap - a matte lip cream. Think the infamous NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams - a creamy liquid lip that goes on sheen-ey and dries down, but not to such a dense, intensely-matte effect. This range from Collection offer basically the exact same formula and set-up, yet at a slightly more affordable price and this warm, caramel-y (as in the name) nude is such a perfect colour. I always reach for this when I want an everyday nude lip with a tad more lasting power than a traditional creamy lipstick such as the above, yet not as as intense finish as my beloved matte liquid lipsticks and this always does the trick, every single time. They've actually recently released some more nude-y colours of these and I *may* or may not have already picked them up; ready to test, try out and review for you all...

MAYBELLINE SUPERSTAY MATTE INK UN-NUDE LIQUID LIPSTICK IN 'SEDUCTRESS' - As for actual, 'proper' liquid lipsticks; this fairly new-ish shade from Maybelline's SuperStay Matte Ink range has fast become a favourite of mine. I actually picked it up around the start of this year and it's been a real favourite of mine ever since. This formula is actually not as much of traditional matte liquid lipstick in that it dries down; but not a super-matte, powdery finish and yet is works just the same as all of the ones that do. It's bizarre, but I love it. There's a light patent-like sheen left behind, yet it's completely transfer-proof and really does lock into place all day long - I actually think it may offer even better lasting power than some other formulas. This colour in particular - a pinky, browney nude - again is kind of the perfect type of nude shade for me and my skin-tone personally and combined with the awesome formulation and finish, it's a winner.

BARRY M MATTE ME UP LIQUID LIP PAINT IN 'MINIMALIST' - I think we all knew one of these would make an appearance in this post somewhere, right? It's no secret that these liquid lipsticks from Barry M are probably my favourite, favourite formulation of them all - a super powdery-matte finish that's completely transfer-proof and lasts all day long - and this colour is also an absolute beaut for everyday. Once again, this is a lovely pinky-nude with a nice, warm brown base (are you sensing a theme as to what types and tones of nude lipsticks I like yet?) and as I said, I just adore the formula. This has been a favourite, go-to lip colour of mine for a good while and I feel it's going to stay that way for the foreseeable...

RIMMEL STAY MATTE LIQUID LIP COLOUR IN 'BE MY BABY' - Last, but certainly not least - a final liquid lip, this time, from good ol' Rimmel. I'm so glad I finally bought a nude shade from this range as just like their brighter, bolder colours which I originally picked up, this colour is just as awesome. This is a tad lighter and more peachy in tone as opposed to being pink-based like all of the previous lippies I've mentioned here - but I actually really rather love it. It's still not too light to look weird on my paler skin-tone (cause nobody wants concealer lips, amiright?) and I love the warm undertone is has. It makes a change from all of the rosey nudes, yanno? The moussey formula feels super-lightweight on the lips, has a good ol' matte finish and lasts well throughout the day too! All in all, it's a good'un...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS