navigation

Friday 9 March 2018

Polish Pick: Pink Holographic


I know everyone's getting a little tired of the whole Unicorn/Holographic trend that's encapsulated the beauty arena over the past year or so, but you have to admit it's still rather pretty, super fun and eye-catching - in perhaps smaller doses. And so, recently I chose to adorn my nails in this look right here...

With Spring *hopefully* round the corner (now that infamous 'Beast From The East' has finally upped and left), I was really in the mood to paint my nails all sparkly and colourful and so went for a bright, Barbie-esque pink base - using the Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in 'Pink Boom'. As I said, this is a very 'in yer face'-type pink colour that I can't help but love on my nails - despite me definitely well-appreciating other various, perhaps less obnoxious tones of pink in recent years too. As always with this range, it applies evenly onto the nails in two coats and dries down to a super-glossy finish and while you could certainly go in with a top coat to intensify the shiny effect even more and really seal things into place, I decided to go a step further and, as I'm sure you've guessed by now, add a touch of holographic goodness to the situation, using another polish from Maybelline's Color Show Range and it is their Fairy Spell Polish in 'Unicorn Addiction'I've used this a few times before in 'Polish Pick' posts since picking it up sometime last year when the holographic trend was at its peak and each time, I've loved the finished result and this time is no different. As the name suggests, this clear-based nail polish is packed full of finely-milled, multi coloured shimmer and layered over the top of this vivid, mid-toned pink - it's a perfect match. I guess you could call it a 'nail topper' and you only need only layer to finish things off nicely and add a little extra somethin' somethin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS