navigation

Monday 12 March 2018

(Another) Makeup Revolution Haul


If you haven't gathered by now, I am really loving Makeup Revolution at the moment - and I don't think I'm alone on that one. Don't get me wrong, I'd tried a few items from them before, but I guess after the awesome SophDoesNails collaboration later last year, I feel I really started to listen up and become determined to try more from their range - and then this year happened. In 2018 so far, Makeup Rev has just been coming out with product after product and I don't think there's one so far that hasn't been well-received. I feel like everyone and their Nan is going properly mad for the brand and its pretty awesome releases they've been coming out with this year so far - myself included - and with another drop of products having launched in the past week or so, I had a few in mind that I really fancied picking up. So, that's why we're here with yet another Makeup Revolution exclusive haul but considering how affordable and accessible the brand is and how most (if not all) of their products are pretty darn good - with their quality only seeming to be getting better and better - what's not to love? Let's get started with what I picked up this time round...

Firstly, what has to be the most exciting inclusion of them all - the brand new Fast Base Foundation Sticks. Priced at only £5 each (yes, that's right, five pounds!) and supposedly the matching foundation to the infamous Conceal and Define Concealer that launched right at the start of 2018 and you can find my review of here (*Spoiler Alert* - I love it) with the exact same 18-strong, inclusive shade range that goes from the palest of pale to the deepest of deep and everything in-between - I just had to try this out. I picked up the shades 'F1' and 'F2' as those were the shades I picked up in the concealer and they both worked perfectly fine for me - plus, I wasn't sure which one I would actually need. I won't lie, at first I was a little unsure as to whether I would pick it up as I saw it was a stick format and I've never actually used anything like that before as typically, those formulas tend to be more dry and matte in finish - and just generally more well-catered for guys and gals with oily skin. Having dry skin and being a lover of the dewy look, I've always stayed well clear, but I spotted that actually, this offering from Makeup Rev claims to have a 'fresh and dewy finish' and that definitely more appealed to my personal preferences and skin-type. As I said, I love the concealer, so my hopes for this base is pretty high, let's just say that. I will certainly report back, hopefully with a full review when I've given it a go, very soon. Also, talking about the Conceal and Define Concealer, I picked up two brand new bottles of the two shades I picked up originally and loved - 'C1' and 'C2'. Both of these shades actually work perfectly fine for me, there's not too much of a massive difference between the two and so I figured I'd just repurchase both again, considering how amazingly affordable (but also very hard to come across at the moment) they are. Both of my original bottles are super close to running out so I'm very, very happy to have back-ups on hand!

Eyes-wise, first we have what is actually kind of a re-launch for the brand - the Flawless Foils Eyeshadows. I do vaguely remember these kicking around a few years back but never really paid much attention to them. However, as soon as I heard about them coming back, with such a gorgeous shade selection too and from what appears to be an awesome formula too - I picked up a couple of shades to try out. Basically, these are single eyeshadows/pigments/glitters/whatever you want to call them that come with a 'intensifying' liquid primer that you can either use as a base for the shadows to - you guessed it - intensify their finish when used dry, or even as a mixer with some of the pigment on the back of your hand to create a liquefied, highly-metallic cream shadow. Even if you didn't want such an 'in yer face' look at all, I suppose you could simply use the shadows alone, without the primer at all. All in all, they're very multi-purpose and I do love a makeup product that can be used in a variety of ways for a wide range of finishes. Plus, like the foundation, these are just £5 each. What's not to love? I actually picked up a few colours as most of the shades are just stunning and very much up my street too - I went for 'Rebound' (a light gold), 'Rose Gold' (a reddy-based rose gold), 'Rival' (a light, pinky rose gold), 'Conflict' (a bright, orangey-copper) and 'Retreat' (a khaki green with gold reflex). Whenever I want a more intense look with my eyes (which, let's be honest, is actually most of the time), I will be reaching for these to try and again, will definitely be reporting back on what I think! I cannot wait to get using these. Then, I actually got an eyeshadow palette, completely for free! Yes, really. This was actually part of a promotion on Superdrug.com at the time of placing my first order a few weeks back and from what I can see, it's not available anymore - boo! - but I figured I'd show it off anyway as it's very pretty indeed. It is the 'Love Conquers All' Palette and isn't it just a beaut? With six, super-shimmery eyeshadows and one massive, heart-shaped highlighter (which I suppose could also be used on the eyes too) in the middle - I'm pretty chuffed and I didn't even have to pay a single penny for it either! All of the shades inside look right up my street - from the pinky tones on the left-hand side to the bronzey, coppery tones on the other - and the light, icy pink highlighter also looks to be potentially perfect for my paler skin-tone too. Yay!

Finally, we come to good ol' Lips and a couple of months back, Makeup Rev released a new range of their already-popular Renaissance Lipsticks. I personally never actually tried or bought any of their original line-up, but this re-launch definitely did catch my eye as I spotted a couple of very, very pretty shades. With the more creamy formula and satin finish, I did immediately rule out any of the deeper or brighter colours because, as we all know, when I wear those I like a completely matte finish that really locks into place - however, I did take a quick look at the more nude, lighter colours. I'm not as fussy when it comes to lighter, neutral lip shades as if it wears off or moves around, it's not as big of a deal, so I went for the shades 'Higher' (a light, but not too light, peachy nude) and 'Untoward' (a slightly deeper, more coral-toned pink nude). Both very much the kind of nude/neutral shades I like and typically suit my skin-tone and if the formula and finish is as good as I've always heard it to be - we're hopefully onto a winner here. Then, following along the same sort of theme, I also picked up one of their Renaissance Lip Liners. These were launched not too long ago as an accompaniment to their aforementioned Renaissance Lipsticks - as the name suggests - and hence, have been released in a range of shades that supposedly match up to the same shades of the lipsticks. Good idea, right? So far, the colours launched only replicate the original lipstick line-up, so I couldn't match up the colours I bought this time, but one colour which I did spot which I do own in lipstick form is 'Chauffeur'. And, incase you don't know already, it has fast become one of my favourite nude, 'traditional' lipsticks so I was more than happy to have a lip liner which *hopefully* should match and pair with it perfectly. Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS