navigation

Wednesday 14 March 2018

New In At The Drugstore - Spring Edition


As you all probably remember, I finally reintroduced this series back at the very start of this year and I really enjoyed it so. I really wanted to try and make it a more regular-ish feature round these parts again and recently, with new launch upon new launch appearing at the drugstore - I felt it was time to give a quick (or perhaps not so) round up of everything that caught my eye and I chose to pick up. And, as I said, with there being quite a lot of new products being released right now - there was quite a lot that did...

Firstly, let's talk all of the new products from Makeup Revolution that I actually mentioned in my recent, one brand haul here. Alongside some old favourites, I also picked up some brand new goodies that have recently launched and though I talked about them all in a lot of detail there, I thought I'd still feature them briefly here too as they are indeed new launches and that's what this post is all about, right? From the Fast Base Foundation Stick (£5.00 each) to the Flawless Foil Shadows (£5.00 each); to the Renaissance Lip Liners (£2.50 each) and a brand-new shade range of the pre-existing Renaissance Lipsticks (£3.00 each). All look to be amazing launches and as I mentioned, if you want more deets - check out my haul I did here! I have gradually started testing a couple of them over the past week or so since then and have started to gather a few thoughts, but I want to really thoroughly test them out since my last experience of a 'First Impressions' took a bit of a negative turn afterwards (*cough* Benefit Bad Gal Bang Mascara *cough*) and of course I also want to test out the rest of the products too so I will definitely keep you updated.

Regarding other brands, from L'Oreal I finally managed to get my hands on the rather infamous Crushed Foil Metallic Highlighter in 'Rose Quartz' (£12.99). Everyone's been talking about this and desperately trying to get hold of it (myself included) ever since various Bloggers/YouTubers (namely, Hannah Renee) started raving about it and likening it to much more pricey glow-givers and as a result - it was pretty difficult to get hold of at first. However, recently I finally did and I am so, so happy about it. This claims to be a 'high-shimmer powder that gives an effortless, chrome glow with an ultra-buildable formula that melts into the skin for a subtle glow, or can be layered for a super-strobed finish'. The light, metallic rose gold hue looks to be a pretty perfect colour for my paler skin-tone and if it is anything as good as everyone is claiming it to be - this may be a potential contender for a new favourite highlighter of mine.

Lips-wise, Barry M have launched three new shades of their already popular Matte Lip Kits (£6.99 each). As I said, they originally came out with a range of both these Lip Kits and the single Matte Me Up Lip Paints last year and as I'm sure you already know, I was a really big fan, so when I saw they were adding even more colours to the collection, I just knew I had to get hold of them. As always, these have a 'non-drying, ultra-long wearing formula that's easy to apply and leaves lips with a gorgeously bold finish' and as is the usual deal with 'Lip Kits', inside you get both a lip liner and a liquid lipstick in a matching shade. This newest shade range comprises of three, nude colours - 'Hun' (a pale nude), 'Doll' (a mid-toned brown-ey nude) and 'Ride Or Die' (a deeper, purple-y brown). All super pretty shades that I cannot wait to get using and seeing how much of a fan I am of the whole Matte Me Up range - I'm sure these will be just as much of a hit!

Finally, moving onto Collection, they've recently launched a brand new range of shades of their Velvet Lip Creams (£2.99 each). They're all varying tones of nudes (it seems all the brands are loving bringing out all the neutral lip colours at the moment), which I'm very happy about as their classic nude from the original range - 'Caramel' - is one of my favourite nude lip colours and ever since discovering it, I've been hoping they'd expand into more nude tones and finally, they have! There's four new shades - 'Drama Llama' (a pale, beige-y nude), 'Dreamboat' (a pinky-mauve), 'Wonderland' (a light, pinky nude) and 'Hot Cakes' (a deep brown) - and I cannot wait to get to trying them out. As always these lip creams claim to 'leave a comfortable, matte finish on the lips without drying them out' and if the formula is as amazing as before (which I'm guessing it should be) - we may be onto a winner with these new colours...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS