navigation

Friday 20 April 2018

Current Haircare Routine


Having had my hair even more blonded-up last week (and, Spoiler Alert - I'm really loving it), I've slightly re-assessed my haircare routine a little and figured I'd share it with you all. Ever time I have more blonde - and in general, bleach - added into my tresses, I put more and more focus on not only maintaining the colour, but also the condition of my hair too and that's exactly what I did with this updated routine. Obviously, there's some other products - such as hairspray or dry shampoo - that make up the rest of my actual hair routine, but in terms of actual 'care' - these are the items which I'm reaching for right now. There's some old favourites in there, but also a couple of new additions (or perhaps rediscoveries) too - so let's just get started, yeah?

OGX HYDRATE AND COLOUR-REVIVING + LAVENDER LUMINESCENT PLATINUM SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER - I've been an avid OGX fan when it comes to my Shampoo and Conditioners for ages now and ever since trying out this range (I think around the time when I started adding more blonde into my hair again a few months ago) it's safe to say it's become my favourite of them all. Not only does this combination deeply nourish my bleached hair, it also helps to keep the colour nice too - not at all orangey or brassy, but also not too ashy either. It's a winner...

AUSSIE 3 MINUTE MIRACLE RECONSTRUCTOR - A proper old favourite of mine, I used to be completely obsessed with this product and used it religiously for years, until a while ago when I suppose found something new and moved on. However, this time when getting my hair bleached-up, I felt like investing in some form of deep conditioner/treatment for my hair and suddenly remembered all about this one and how much I used to love it. I'm yet to properly crack it open and start using it again just yet, but with how awesome this used to work on my hair (even before it was coloured/bleached at all), I really cannot wait to reincorporate it back into my routine again...

SCHWARZKOPF GOT2B 'GUARDIAN ANGEL' HEAT PROTECTION SPRAY - An old favourite is this good ol' heat protectant spray. I've used this stuff on and off for years and despite me trying various others, for some reason this is the one I always come back to, time and time again. Whatever colour or condition of my hair, a heat protecting spray is always an essential in my routine, but even more so when it's been coloured and bleached - and is also regularly treated with heat in some way or form. I personally spray some of this in when my hair's damp, before blow-drying, and although I suppose you can never be fully sure of how well a job a product like this does, I do know my hair always feel soft and smooth and styles well afterwards - and that's the main thing, right?

OGX WEIGHTLESS HYDRATION COCONUT WATER OIL - Before blow-drying, I've also started adding a little extra step in and that is some sort of leave-in treatment like this once, again, from OGX. This time, it's from their Coconut Water Range - which I believe was the very first collection of their's that I tried and really kick-started my love for the brand in general - and I remember really liking this oil back in the day, so decided to pick it up to use once again and guess what? It's just as awesome as it was before. I simply take a few pumps into the palm of my hand and smooth it throughout the lower half of my hair (particularly focusing on the very ends) and it really does make my hair feel and look so much smoother, shinier and just 'healthier'. As the name implies, it doesn't at all weigh down my hair or make it feel or look greasy or product-laden in any way and the coconut scent is pretty delicious too.

THE WET BRUSH - Finally, in terms of hair 'care', one thing that I never really thought I'd have a refercen on back in the day was a hairbrush - until I discovered the Tangle Teezer, and later The Wet Brush. Both brushes through my hair pretty effortlessly, never tug or snag my tresses and keep my hair in pretty good shape - but the latter, with it's traditional handle set-up, is my personal favourite of the two. Go out and pick one up to try for yourself if you haven't already, you really will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS