navigation

Monday 23 April 2018

Heatwave-Proof Makeup


If you've been living somewhere in the U.K. this past week, you'll know that temperatures have been rising - at last! - and we've been experiencing a bit of a heatwave. I personally could not be happier about this and with the promise of *hopefully* warmer weather now firmly on the way, my thoughts have been turning to how I like to alter my makeup routine slightly for the upcoming hotter months and so far, I've come up with a few tips 'n' tricks that I figured I'd share with you all. Let's get started...

PROTECT, PROTECT, PROTECT! - The possibly most obvious one that I would argue comes before any of these tips - both literally and priority-wise too - is to always apply a good, facial SPF. It's important all-year-round, but especially come the Spring/Summer it is so, so important to protect your skin from the Sun. I personally like to apply a stand-alone facial SPF underneath my regular day cream to ensure my face is thoroughly shielded and my personal favourite is the Soap and Glory Make Yourself Youthful Sunshield Superfluid SPF50+ that I discovered around this time last year and have been a pretty big fan of ever since. It's super lightweight, doesn't interfere with my makeup and never leaves a white cast on my skin either - all in all, it's a winner and I'd highly recommend you give it a try if you're in the market for a good facial SPF this Spring/Summer...

PRIME TIME - We all know that a good primer can not only ensure your makeup applies super nicely, but also help it last all-day-long too - and especially during hot, humid times like this - that's an essential, right? Ain't nobody got time for your makeup slipping and sliding off your face halfway through the day. I try so many facial primers that it's hard to recommend just one or two favourites, but you might remember that recently I've gone back to an old fave - Rimmel's Lasting Finish Primer - and have thoroughly been enjoying doing so.

POWDER THINGS DOWN - A classic, but one which really will help to 'Heat-Proof' your makeup when the weather starts warming up. I know this probably applies to oily-skinned guys and gals all year round but even if you have dry skin, or simply enjoy a dewy, radiant finish to your makeup (both of which apply to me), I'd highly suggest you apply some powder, even if only in certain areas of your face, to help things stay around - and stay looking good too. You all know I personally love the Collection Primed and Ready Invisible Setting Powder - not only is is super-cheap, it also sets things down well without making things look dry or cakey and while completely mattifies, doesn't deaden the appearance of the skin at all - so still works well for us lovers of the good ol' glowy look!

LAYER YOUR PRODUCTS - Something which I've learnt over time when you want your makeup to last - at any time or situation, but especially during hotter weather - is to layer your products. Not only do I mean this in terms of application of products by themselves (such as applying your foundation in thinner layers at a time) but also in terms of applying multiple, different products too. Want things to last longer? Try applying a cream version first before 'setting' it into place with a powder one. You'll find it'll help your makeup to last that little longer - and better - throughout warmer weather and also, you'll find it to help intensify things nicely too. *cough* Highlighter *cough*...

A FINISHING SPRITZ OF SETTING SPRAY - Finally, something I really do swear by nowadays to keep my makeup in place all of the darn time - and even more so in weather like this - is a good ol' makeup setting spray. Yes, it may sound too good to be true, but as soon as you try it, you'll soon notice the difference. We all know that the Urban Decay All Nighter is my personal, go-to, holy grail that no matter how hard I try, I always find myself coming back to - and for good reason too. This stuff is like glue for my makeup - locking it down and keeping it looking virtually as good as new all day long, no matter the circumstances. It's also a rather refreshing finishing step to your makeup when it's as hot as it's been lately and helps to really 'melt' all of your products (of which there might be a few, if you go by the previous tip) together, settle any powders and make your makeup just look pretty darn awesome, even if I do say so myself. 

Heatwave? No problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS