navigation

Monday 16 April 2018

Makeup Haul + First Impressions


I haven't done a makeup haul in a while, have I? OK, maybe I have, but recently there's been a few bits of makeup - the majority being brand new products and releases - that really took my fancy and I decided to pick up to test and try out for myself (and to tell you all about too, of course) so today, I thought I'd finally gather them all together and not only show them to you all, but also throw in a few 'First Impressions'-type reviews along the way too. Because, you know, a lot of these I have yet to try out, but some I have - so why not share my initial thoughts as we go along? Let's get started...

L'OREAL BACK TO BRONZE MATTE BRONZING POWDER - I personally love and only like to use matte bronzers, yet they can be a little few and far between in the affordable/drugstore market, so whenever one does appear, I can't help but be interested in picking it up - hence why I chose this latest offering from L'Oreal's brand-new, super Summery and very skin-based collection. I'm yet to use this, but I can assure you I will be doing so very, very soon as it looks pretty darn perfect for me. Not only is this completely shimmer-free, the colour also looks bang-on for my paler skintone - neither not too light, nor too deep - plus it looks to have an ever-so-slight ashy undertone which, while not enough to be able to contour with, is enough to hopefully ensure things don't look orange-y or muddy. I'll let you all know but right now I'm pretty hopeful about this one...

COLLECTION GLAM CRYSTALS LIQUID EYESHADOWS - I love Collection's Glam Crystals Glitter Eyeliners - they're an old classic that everyone knows and loves (and has probably used too at some point over the years) and they're awesome for when you want a quick, easy and foolproof way of adding glitter to your eye look. So, when I saw Collection were releasing liquid eyeshadows under the same 'Glam Crystals' range - I knew I had to try them out. You all know that I love a good cream or liquid eyeshadow either as a base, or to simply blend out and wear alone and these ones - which claim to be super shimmery and packed full of glitter - really caught my attention. I originally picked up just one shade - 'Aura', a beautiful pale, pearly champagne - but upon swatching it for the first time, was so impressed I had to go back and pick up the rest of the shades. From 'Divine', a pretty rose gold to 'Envy', a gorgeous deep purple-y mauve and 'Karma', a deep golden bronze - they're all equally stunning. As I said, I have swatched all of these so far and and am pretty pleased but I am yet to give any a go on my actual eyes - so stay tuned for updates on that. However, I am very happy with the colour selection and the formula also seems to be a winner - super creamy, so intensely pigmented and really packed full of glitter. I've personally never tried the infamous Stila Magnificent Metals Liquid Eyeshadows (whatever they're called) but I feel like, while these obviously are not the exact same thing and won't give such a full-on, liquid glitter look, they may give a slightly similar type of effect? At least until I finally cave and buy one from Stila...

COLLECTION LASH SURGE MASCARA IN 'ULTRA BLACK' - Here we have another inclusion from Collection and seeing as my last two mascaras that I tried did not end particularly well (as you would have seen about in this post here), I both wanted and needed to pick a new one up and this one quickly caught my attention. It's not a brand, brand new launch from them, but it's a relatively new release nevertheless and having heard a few people raving about it recently, I decided to give it a go. And you know what? So far, so good. It's not the best mascara I've ever tried, but considering it came in at only £4.99 - it's a pretty solid offering. It definitely gives more volume than length, but it thickens the lashes up nicely, without clumping them together at all. Phew! The formula layers well and stays put throughout the day without any flaking or smudging and I'm pretty excited to continue using it, seeing as most mascaras only get better as they 'mature'...

L'OREAL COLOR RICHE SHINE LIPSTICK IN '642 MLBB' - Lips-wise, I also decided to pick up this colour from L'Oreal's recent lipstick launch. This colour in particular has received so much hype, attention and just general love from a tonne of people that I just knew I wanted to try it out. I don't normally go for shiny, glossy lips in anyway - unless it's a nude - and so the combination of this sheen-ey formula of lipstick, plus the light pinky, beige-y nude hue really appealed to me. So far, I've only swatched it on the back of my hand, but so far, I rather like it. I will definitely keep you updated as to how I get on (as with all of these products)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS