navigation

Monday 14 May 2018

Polish Pick: Birthday Nails (Again!)


So, last week was my 21st Birthday and, as usual, I did my nails for the occasion. However, as you may have spotted in the post I did about them here - I admittedly cheated just a little. I actually bought a set of pre-done nails from Elegant Touch (something I've never actually done before) as I didn't have the time to do them when I wanted to before the day itself, so that's what I decided to do. All in all, it worked a charm and I was really happy with how they looked and lasted but seeing as the next week, I had a birthday meal planned, I decided to do my nails 'properly' as I originally would have wanted to - and so, that's exactly what I'm showing you all today! Much like the pre-done design I bought, I've gone for a very pink-y, rose gold-type vibe as - let's face it - that's definitely one of, if not my favourite colour scheme to wear on my nails. Honestly, it's nothing particularly ground-breaking from some previous 'Polish Picks' I've shown on here in the past, but considering it's for my 21st Birthday, I just had to show you all what I created anyway. Let's take a closer look...

I first went in using one of newest favourite lacquers, Barry M's Molten Metal Nail Paint in 'Holographic Sunburst'. A gorgeous pinky-coral with a lovely holographic shift, this is such a stunner worn alone but, with it being a special occasion and all (not that I ever really need any proper excuse to add some sparkle) - I went in with a glittery topcoat to as a final, finishing touch. That glitter being, Essie's Glitter Nail Polish in 'A Cut Above' - a super-pretty light rose gold glitter. With a mix of smaller and larger flecks of sparkle and really great high coverage in just one coat, this adds such a gorgeous layer of rosey sparkle and just really tops things off nicely. As I said, you only really need one oat to get the perfect amount deposited on your nails so it's pretty quick and easy too. All in all, I was super happy with how this new combination turned out - I think I'll be recreating it again sometime in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS