navigation

Friday 11 May 2018

Shopping My Stash #3


I don't know why, but there's something about a change in season that really makes me want to change up my makeup - particularly so when we come into the Spring/Summer months, as we are now. Whether it be my general routine, styles, colours or the products I'm using; I love switching things around and as you may have seen previously here, one way I like to do that is by 'Shopping My Stash'. Basically, I have a good ol' rummage through my makeup collection and pick out a handful of products that I really want to rediscover and re-use properly again. I guess it's like a shopping spree - hence the title - but without the expense, win win! Let's get started with what I chose out this time around... 

NYX AWAY WE GLOW LIQUID HIGHLIGHTER IN 'CRYSTAL GLARE' - I fell in love with this liquid highlighter early last year and continued using it throughout the Summer. However, fast forward a year later and it's nowhere to be found in my routine - and I want to rectify that. This is definitely one of the best liquid glow-givers I've come across - it deposits such a gorgeous, glowy sheen; doesn't break up your foundation or powder highlighter (as most liquid/cream highlighter tend to do) and can be sheered out or built up depending on your preferences. Personally, this light champagne is the perfect colour for me and I really want to try and make better use out it again.


L'OREAL INFALLIBLE EYE PAINTS - These are such great liquid shadows and seeing as in the Spring/Summer I tend to gravitate towards creams and liquids on my eyes (and face in general to be honest, hence the heavy addition of those this time around) I felt it was right to put these in here. Don't get me wrong, a few shades have stayed regular additions in my makeup over time, but there's a few which haven't so much so I guess that's why I'm giving them a shout-out in this post right here.

TANYA BURR COSMETICS EYE PALETTE IN 'MY PARADISE' - Powder shadow-wise, I was such a fan of pretty much all of Tanya's eye palettes back in the day, but over time, having found more and more amazing offerings from other brands - not as much. However, right now, there's one shade compilation that I really can see myself getting back into if I give it a chance again and it is 'My Paradise'. Full of  three rose-y, shimmery shadows, plus one neutral, light brown matte that acts as the perfect transition/crease shade - it just screams out for this time of year, right? Plus, for such an affordable line-up, the shadows themselves are well-pigmented, easy to apply and blend and last all day long so I mean, why am I sleeping on it? Let's try and get it back into my rotation again...

RIMMEL STAY MATTE LIQUID LIP COLOUR IN 'CORAL SASS' - Finally, I just had to throw a lipstick of some kind in here and, sticking with the Summer-y vibes, we have something else that's very warm weather-appropriate. You all know, even just by going from my last post here, that the Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colours are some of my favourite matte liquid lips from the drugstore. They apply all nice and moussey, quickly dry down powdery-matte and last all day with minimal need for re-touches. What more could you want? Right now, a new nude-y shade, 'Strapless', is my current favourite but I'm really after getting back into this colour from the original line that I picked up last Summer and that is this beautiful, bright pinky-coral. The perfect Summer-y hue that I instantly became obsessed with - let's hope I can get even more use out of it this time around...

And there we have it - a new round-p of makeup products that I really want to get more use out of and *hopefully* fall in love with all over again! I will definitely let you all know how I get on - will they become my new go-to's? There's only one way to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS