navigation

Monday 18 June 2018

Barry M Nail Paint Haul


I don't think I've bought any new nail polishes for a while, but with Summer *hopefully* finally getting in full swing, I really fancied doing so. It tends to be the same with any change of season that as soon as the weather starts to switch up, I get in the mood to update my nail polish stash and this time round is seemingly no different. This is a pretty small, but sweet, kinda haul but I figured I'd share what I picked up with you all anyway and - surprise, surprise - they're all from my favourite nail brand, Barry M...

First off, I picked up two super-pretty shades from what I believe is one of their newest collections - the Under The Sea Nail Paints. I've eyed this range up many, many times before - pretty much every time I've been in my local Boots or Superdrug - and finally, the other week I caved and added two shades to my basket and I'm so happy I did. Basically, this is a collection of metallic, duo-chrome polishes that are super shimmery and shift colour, depending on how they catch the light. Awesome, right? They're very mermaid-inspired, I guess, hence the name 'Under The Sea'. Shade-wise, I went for 'Pinktail', a gorgeous pinky-coral that shifts a kind of green-y gold and 'Jellyfish', a pale purple that has a beautiful shift of bright blue running through it. Both super stunning shades that I am so pleased to have finally added to my collection.

To complete this rather miniature-sized haul, I noticed Boots were running their good ol' 3 for 2 (yeah, you know the one) so obviously, I just had to pick up another colour. It was necessary, OK? I actually wasn't that interested in any of the other colours from the 'Under The Sea' range, so I went on the hunt for something else from another collection of theirs - eventually settling with one of their Coconut Infusion Nail Paints in 'Flamingo'. I already own a few out of this range and it has fast become one of my favourites. The polishes are super thick, gel-like and really 'creamy', if you get what I mean. They apply like a dream, with such rich, opaque pigment in two coats and honestly, I have been eyeing up picking up a new colour or two for a while, so saw this as the perfect opportunity. Eventually, I settled on 'Flamingo', a really pretty, light peachy-coral. I have a few orange polishes in my current collection, but nothing really as 'pastel' as this one, hence why I thought I'd add it to my stash. Like the previous two, I'm sure I'll be getting a tonne of use out of it over the next few months...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS