navigation

Friday 15 June 2018

Summer Bold Lips


Although during the Summer, I tend to stick to nudes - when it comes to lipsticks, that is - I do like to throw in a bolder, brighter colour in for good measure every now and again. Especially those days when I'm going super minimal on the ol' eyes, with perhaps just a good dose of mascara on the tops and bottom lashes, I find a nice bold lip to really balance out the look and just add that much-needed impact, yanno? So, without any further ado, here's five of my (many) favourites...

RIMMEL STAY MATTE LIQUID LIP COLOUR IN 'CORAL SASS' - Personally, coral-toned lips are probably my favourite to wear come the Spring/Summer. There's just something about the warm, pinky, peachy tones that just call out for the warmer weather and around this time last year, I discovered a new favourite of mine when it comes to that particular colour family. A lovely, bright pink with a gorgeous orange-y dash to it, yet somehow still not too 'in yer face' and combined with the pretty awesome, powdery-matte liquid lip formula - it's a winner.

L'OREAL PARIS COLOUR RICHE COLLECTION EXCLUSIVE PINKS LIPSTICK IN 'BLAKE'S DELICATE ROSE' - If I fancy more of a 'traditional' lipstick that offers a pretty pop of pink on the lips, this is definitely one I will reach for. In the bullet, it looks like a proper, bright, blue-toned Barbie pink but actually, once lacquered onto the lips it kinda sheers out and just leaves behind a pretty, pop of pink on the lips and I love it for the Summer. The creamy formula is super-comfortable and easy to wear, yet it still lasts fairly well on the lips and is easy to top up throughout the day too.

SLEEK MATTE ME LIP CREAM IN 'FRENCH FANCY' - I wore this one so, so much around this time last year after picking it up last Summer and I just know I'll continue to do so this time round too. This is a super vibrant, candy pink and not only is it super pretty on the lips for the warmer months, I also find the warm undertone to be really flattering aswell. All in all, this is a staple shade for me come the Summer when I want to opt for a pop of colour.

TANYA BURR COSMETICS LIPSTICK IN 'WILD SAFARI' - Finally, moving onto good ol' Reds and starting with one from Tanya Burr's line that I fell in love with, again, this time last year and have been a fan of ever since. This is a proper, orange-y red and is actually rather unlike anything else in my stash as I generally tend to go for more of your 'traditional' rouges for lipsticks. However, this makes a good change, especially in the Summer and the super-creamy, satin finish feels so nice on the lips.

SLEEK MATTE ME LIP CREAM IN 'RIOJA RED' - Last, but certainly by no means least - I love this lippie. Ever since finally getting my hands on it in a mini set at Christmas, I have since gone out and bought the full size as I love it that much. This is a proper, bright, blue-toned red and there's just something about it that to me, screams 'the perfect kind of red for the Summer'. Like 'French Fancy', the powdery-matte formula lasts all day and is great for the warmer weather when you want relatively-effortless makeup that just works and stands the test of time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS