navigation

Wednesday 25 July 2018

The Many Uses Of An Eyeshadow...


Eyeshadow is by far one of my favourite makeup products. I love doing my eyeshadow, using different palettes (or singles), colours and textures to create all types of looks but you know what? Eyeshadow doesn't necessarily always have to be used around the eye area. I actually did a post like this for cream and liquid formulas a while back here, so I figured it was about time I did the same for the more 'traditional' texture - powder shadows. Let's get started...

AS AN EYESHADOW (OBVIOUSLY) - The obvious one, but thought  was worth a mention anyway. As I've already said, I love doing my eyeshadow - it's definitely one of, if not my favourite part of my makeup routine. I love experimenting with different formulas, colours and styles and just generally playing around with it at every given opportunity...

AS A SELECT SETTING POWDER... - Got a matte shadow that's a similar shade your your skin-tone, like your usual setting powder? It can be easily doubled up as a select setting powder. Obviously, you wouldn't really use it all-over your face - unless you wanted to mess up your pan or take an absolute age to do it - but if there's every any smaller areas that you want to set, or perhaps touch-yup throughout the day, this could be a god little tip...

...OR FOR EXTRA COVERAGE - ...Also, powder shadows always have some sort of colour to them, so this is a great way of adding some extra coverage too!

TO FILL IN YOUR BROWS - Another classic that I've sure most of you will have heard many times before, but once again, it's always worth a shout-out! Once again, take a matte shadow, in your typical brow colour and take it on a flat, angled brush and you're ready to start filling your brows in, just like you would a brow powder!

AS A CONTOUR... - Once again, matte shadows are a great little multi-tasker for use around other areas of the face. Take a matte, ashy brown that's similar to the sort of colour you would typical contour with on your usual sculpting brush and go and carve out those cheekbones, baby! 

...OR EVEN AS A HIGHLIGHTER! - Now, this is the one I'm most excited about. I love, love, LOVE getting my glow on and using whatever possible to do exactly that and so, when it finally clicked for me that shimmery shadows can be utilised in that way a couple of years back - it was a good moment, let me tell you that. Again, just make sure you choose a colour that's akin to the sort of tones you typically highlight with and you are good to glow...

TO ADD FAUX FRECKLES - Now, I don't personally do this myself, but I've heard a lot of people who do say this is the type of product they reach for. Want to get all summer-ready and add some cute faux freckles? Take a matte, ashy brown (I've heard the best colour is actually the same one you use on your brows!) on a detailer brush and stipple some around the centre of your face - bridge of your nose, tops of the cheekbones and so on. Think they look too 'out there' and false? Just gently tap over the top with your foundation brush or sponge to make things look more realistic...

AS AN EYELINER (WET OR DRY) - This is something I used to do a lot more 'back in the day' or whatever, but it's a tip I'd recommend nonetheless. Don't want a full-on liquid liner wing? Just replace it for an eyeshadow on a flat, angled brush. Or even spray your brush beforehand to get a more pigmented, 'liquidy' effect...

TO ADD DIMENSION TO THE LIPS - Lips-wise, you can take the exact same shades you picked out to contour and highlight your face with to do the same thing with our lips. Take the matte contour eyeshadow on the very bottom of your bottom lip to add more of a shadow and then finish things off with the shimmery highlighter on the cupid's bow to add some instant fullness!

TO FILL IN AROUND THE HAIRLINE - Less of a 'makeup' tip perhaps, but one that could be usual nevertheless. Got any more sparse areas of you hairline, or perhaps you want to just make your hairline more 'even'? Try adding a matte shadow that matches your root colour on an eyeshadow brush to fill those areas in and make things more 'clean'. It works surprisingly well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS