navigation

Wednesday 1 August 2018

Polish Pick: Baby Pink Sparkle


Now, this nail look isn't really too far different from others I've done in the past, but it definitely is unique in some way, so I figured - why not share it with you lovely lot? It's pretty, it's pink and it's shimmery - what more could you want?

First off, I started with the Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Nail Polish in 'Nude Rose'. I wanted a straight-up, pale nude-y pink lacquer to use as a base for this look and this one fit the bill perfectly. I went in with my usual two coats to ensure everything was fully opaque in coverage and once dry, I decided to amp things up a little (or perhaps, a lot). I wanted to add a lil' something shimmery to the situation, so went in with a polish that matched up to 'Nude Rose' similarly colour-wise, but had a sparkly texture and so, I chose the Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in 'Pink Slip'. Another firm fave of mine from Maybelline, this is a lovely, mid-toned pink with fine, silver shimmer running through it. A super girly colour that works perfectly alone, but also looks great when layered like this. Then, to finish off, you could obviously leave things there but - you know me - I like to go that one step further, so as a finishing touch, I topped the look off with the Rimmel Finishing Touch Top Coat. You've seen this one plenty of times before - a clear top coat, with specks of gold shimmer running throughout - so this not only fully seals things into place, but also adds that final touch of sparkle and I love how it finished this look off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS