navigation

Friday 2 November 2018

A New Favourite Brush Spot Cleaner?


I love a good brush 'spot' cleaner. Unlike a one that you use in conjunction with warm water for a 'proper', deep cleanse every couple of weeks or so, with these you simply spritz some onto a cotton pad and swirl your brush into it, instantly taking away the product and leaving your brush all clean and basically completely dry immediately afterwards. Typically, spot cleaners are used for your eye brushes, when you need to change products and colours most regularly and for me - someone who most definitely loves doing that all of the time - it is an essential in my stash. I've been using The Pro Hygiene Collection Makeup Brush Cleanser exclusively for years (basically ever since I first started using eye brushes) and whilst it works like a dream, nowadays it's not the most affordable option out there and whilst I love the product inside, the spray on it is pretty pants and breaks after a while and it sometimes leaks a little too. So, I finally decided to switch things up and try something new and when perusing my local Primark the other week, came across their Blend and Cleanse Makeup Brush Cleaning Spray. A small, handy little bottle and it's cheap as chips at only £2. Yes, that's right - two pounds! Quite the bargain, but does it actually work? 

Well, actually, I'd say it really does. A couple of spays onto a cotton pad is all you need to completely strip your brush of all product and colour in an instant. There's no offensive, overpowering scent and the formula isn't greasy or slimy-feeling (another two things that I'd started to notice about my usual offering lately) and whilst it really does thoroughly cleanse your brushes, it isn't harsh on the brushes themselves in anyway and they remain feeling super-soft and looking as good as new and in perfect shape afterwards. I love it! Yes, admittedly you don't get the most amount of product inside, but for such an amazingly affordable price - you really can't complain. As I said, you really do not need a lot of product per brush, so I can still see this bottle lasting me a while - plus, it's a lot more easily-accessible to just pick up in-store too, compared to my previous favourite. All in all, I'm pretty impressed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS