navigation

Wednesday 31 October 2018

October: The Love List


Happy Halloween! Somehow, it's the last day of October already and it's time, once again, to give a not-so-little run down all of the beauty items I've been loving this past month. There's a pretty good line-up this time round - it's basically all makeup-related - and I'm rather excited to share them all with you lovely lot so let's get started, yeah?

COLLECTION LASTING PERFECTION WEIGHTLESS FOUNDATION IN '02 WARM IVORY' - Though a couple of months back I discovered what I now deem my favourite foundation - the Revolution Conceal and Define - this month I still tried out something new, foundation-wise and though I wouldn't say it beats that one, it gives it a damn good go! This gives such a lovely coverage and yet feels so lightweight on the skin - just as the name implies. I wouldn't say it's full-full coverage, but it's definitely medium-full and it certainly can be built up, or sheered out as you like it too! It's not overly matte, nor dewy on the skin and once set into place, last impeccably all day aswell. Not bad for a foundation that's under a fiver, right?

P.LOUISE BASE IN '02 RUMOUR' - Eyes-wise, I just had to throw this one in here. This is perhaps my favourite, favourite of the whole month. I know, you may think 'but it's just an eye base/primer!' but it is so, so good. You all know that the Urban Decay Primer Potion has been my go-to eye primer for years and years (basically ever since I first started properly wearing eyeshadow) and though I love it, I've fancied trying something new for a while now and so, when this one started getting majorly hyped up not too long ago, I instantly decided this was the one to give a go. And I am so glad I did, as it is awesome. Unlike a lot of eye bases, with this one you simply pat it into place, all over your lid space and you're ready to go. Not gonna lie, using a wet base did scare me a little at first but actually, it works really well. Shadows apply so super-pigmented (shimmer and metallic shades in particular almost apply foiled-like on the lid) and they blend really easily too. You also need the smallest amount, so I'm pretty sure this tube will be lasting me quite a while...

NYX GLITTER GOALS GLITTER LIQUID EYESHADOW IN 'POPPY FIELDS' - I love a good liquid eyeshadow and in recent, months, particularly those that lean more towards a 'liquid glitter', so when this new launch from NYX came to my attention, I knew I wanted to give at least one shade a go. So, I picked this colour up and did exactly that - and I love it. Now, this is definitely not so much a 'liquid glitter' like some others I've tried in recent months (like the ones from Lottie London and Barry M) - this NYX offering is certainly more so a 'liquid eyeshadow with glitter running through it', but for what it is I really like it. I love applying this on the lid as a base, before applying a powder shadow over the top (like I would a normal liquid shadow) and what I love about this formula in particular is that not only does your shadow really pop, you get the flecks of glitter peeking through too. I may have to have a look at some other shades of these...

REVOLUTION 'THE MASCARA REVOLUTION' MASCARA - Another major favourite of mine this month has to this new mascara. Finally, Revolution have brought out a mascara! And, it's awesome too. Yay! The tube is mahoosive and the brush you get inside is pretty damn big too. It's hourglass-shaped, and so really grips the lashes well and though the formula is quite wet, the natural bristles really ensure the product is well distributed throughout the lashes and you're left with thick (but not clumpy), full, voluminous and long lashes. Also, it's pitch black too. What more could you want? I think I've found my new favourite mascara!

WET 'N' WILD MEGAGLO HIGHLIGHTING POWDER IN 'BLOSSOM GLOW' - October was the month in which I finally tried out Wet 'N' Wild for the first time and so far, so good, as everything I picked up I really love. The first being this highlighter. Of course, I had to try out a highlighter from them - and I'm really happy I did. This is a gorgeous icy highlighter with a stunning pink iridescence to it and though it looks super glowy and reflective on the skin, it doesn't look chunky or glittery at all. It just looks like a 'lit from within' kinda sheen - which I really like - and the colour just works perfectly with my skin-tone too. Love, love, LOVE.

WET 'N' WILD MEGALAST LIQUID CATSUIT IN 'MISSY AND FIERCE' AND 'BERRY RECOGNIZE' - Another major favourite from Wet 'N' Wild that I've found are the liquid lipsticks. These are so, so good. You all know I love a good matte liquid lip and this range, going on the two shades I've tried so far, is perhaps one of my favourites I've used. I picked up two deeper, darker shades as they appealed to me far more than any of the nude or lighter colours and I'm super happy with both of them. 'Missy and Fierce' is a gorgeous, true red; whilst 'Berry Recognize' is a lovely, deep (but not too deep) berry purple and both are really flattering on the lips and very Autumn-appropriate too. The formula goes on creamy, but quickly dries down to a powdery-matte finish and once these are on, they really do stay put until you say so. I wore on of these nearly all day and it hadn't moved or smudged and the colour had only slightly worn away in the very centre of my lips through eating and drinking (as basically all liquid lips eventually do). Definitely want to see if there are any more colours of these that take my fancy...

WET 'N' WILD MEGALAST LIP COLOUR IN 'BARE IT ALL' - This was a product from Wet 'N' Wild that I'd always heard good things about. so of course it was one of the first I added to my basket - and I'm really happy I did. This is supposedly a good dupe for the MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick (which, as you would have seen here, I finally picked up for myself a few months back) and I think I'd agree with that. Obviously, 'Velvet Teddy' is a classic and definitely, in my opinion, worth the hype but if you are in the market for a more affordable alternative - check this one out! The formula is a little more satin and creamy than 'Velvet Teddy', but the colour is very similar and gorgeous too.

BARRY M GELLY NAIL PAINTS IN 'GINGER' AND 'RHUBARB' - Last, but definitely by no means least - Nails! Barry M have finally released their yearly Autumn/Winter range for their awesome Gelly Nail Paints. Every year I usually end up picking up a shade or two - and this year is no different. I couldn't pick between these two colours and after wearing them both on my nails, I'm glad I didn't. 'Ginger' is a gorgeous burnt, orange-red; whilst 'Rhubarb' is a super-pretty, rich plum purple and both are not only lovely colours, they're super-Autumnal and as always with every Gelly Nail Paint I've tried, the formula is a winner too. What's not to love?

So, that's everything, beauty-wise, that I've been loving throughout October! A definite makeup-heavy month, but one full of products that I can already tell are going to be firm favourites of mine for a long time to come. Tried any of these out for yourself, or perhaps want to give one or three a go? Let me know down below in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS