navigation

Wednesday 17 October 2018

First Impressions: Revolution 'The Mascara Revolution' Mascara



Finally, Revolution have released a mascara - the one product that was majorly missing from their entire brand! I know I have most definitely been anticipating the day they would finally add a mascara to their line-up and at last, a week or so ago they did - with their 'The Mascara Revolution' Mascara. Obviously, I just had to pick it up - as you would have seen here - to try for myself and for the last few days, I have been doing exactly that. So this is certainly more of an initial, 'First Impressions' than a full-on, 'Tried and Tested' review - hence the title of this post - but if you want to know my first thoughts, just keep on reading...

Let's start off with what the product itself is claiming to be, yeah? This mascara claims to 'hug the lashes with its hourglass shaped brush to create a natural curl, whilst the highly pigmented formula adds amazing volume and length with a rich consistency that dries down to leave you with fanned out, defined lashes'. Sounds pretty good, right? Well of course, it all comes down to just how well it actually lives up to those claims - something I obviously couldn't wait to get testing as soon as I finally got my hands on it. The rose gold and black packaging is simple, but classic and the tube itself is very thick and weighty indeed too. All in all, it feels and looks much more expensive than it's £8 price-tag. The price itself, though was a little controversial, I personally alright with - though it could be seen as a little pricier than typical Revolution super-affordable pricing, it's still very much in-line with a lot of other drugstore mascaras that you'd find in the likes of Boots and Superdrug, yanno?

But, onto what really matters - the mascara itself. Once you open it up, the wand is pretty damn big and I'm guessing that's perhaps why the tube is so thick! Just like they claim, it's hourglass-shaped and it's got a natural bristle-type texture - which I was personally really happy with as I generally tend to prefer these to the more plastic-y ones. The formula is very, very wet from the get-go, but paired with the brush, it makes for the perfect combination. Though you do get a lot of a product lacquered on at once; the dense, fluffy brush makes light work of really thoroughly working it through the lashes and giving them tonnes of thickness and volume, but still separating them out nicely and leaving behind no clumps. Right now, because the formula is so wet, I find one coat is more than enough to get a really thick, voluminous, lengthened look to the lashes but no doubt over time when it does start to dry out I will probably have to layer it up a little more. The formula is really rich and pitch-black and though it doesn't claim in anyway to be waterproof, stays put throughout the day and has so far never smudged or flaked off and the effect it leaves behind holds well too. Yay!

So far, I'm pretty impressed with this mascara - yet another product by Revolution that I really rather love! If you haven't already given it a try, I'd definitely recommend you give it a go - I doubt you'll be let down...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS