navigation

Monday 29 October 2018

Handy Hydrators...


As soon as the cooler months hit, we can all generally start to begin to see a major difference in out hydration levels, beauty-wise. Whether it be our skin, hair, body - whatever - they can all be hugely impacted by the drop in temperatures and as a result, certain products are required to help combat the problem. I definitely have a go-to list of items right now which are doing that for me, so let's just get started, yeah?

SUPERDRUG NATURALLY RADIANT DAY AND NIGHT CREAMS - Starting with Skincare, these two have been my go-to combo when it comes to my day and night creams for a while now, but I especially cannot wait to really reap the benefits of them over the coming months. Both super rich and moisturising, yet still very lightweight and not at all greasy-feeling on the skin - they are major winners and for such a bargainous price-point, you really can't go far wrong, particularly when your skin is in need of some proper TLC...

NIVEA ORIGINAL LIP BALM - When my lips are a little on the dry side - as they typically tend to be a lot of the time around this time of year - you cannot beat a good lip balm, and this one from Nivea is great for just that. It's a classic for good reason, as it really does do the job well. Leaves your lips feeling hydrated, soft and plump and helps them stay that way for a while too. Not heavy-feeling or sticky and no offensive, overpowering scent either. Winner!

AUSSIE 3 MINUTE MIRACLE MIRACLE COLOUR DEEP TREATMENT - Moving onto Hair, which is something that most definitely needs some extra TLC during the Autumn/Winter. I mean, having bleached blonde hair, I need to take good care of it all of the damn time, but especially in the cooler weather, it's even more of a necessity. So for that, I reach for the same deep conditioner that I always do - this awesome one from Aussie. I have loved the 3 Minute Miracle for years now and nowadays, the 'Colour' Edition is my particular favourite (yanno, with me having coloured hair and all that). This stuff is super thick and rich, intensely hydrating and leaves my hair feeling so super soft and smooth and looking real shiny too. What's not to love?

LUSH 'SLEEPY' BODY LOTION - Bodycare-wise, a good body butter, lotion or cream is an essential this time of year and right now, I am loving this one from LUSH. A Christmas present last year, I've been slowly but surely making my way through this tub (both because it is so big and because I want to savour it as I love it so much) and it is so, so good. A rich lotion that hydrates the skin, but never leaves it feeling sticky or greasy, with a gorgeous, sweet lavender scent that really gets you ready for a good night's sleep - this is a great body moisturiser, especially for as we enter the colder months...

SOAP AND GLORY 'HAND FOOD' HAND CREAM - Now, you all know this one, I'm sure. When it comes to a good hand cream, every time I come straight back to this one. Especially during the Autumn/Winter - when I tend to use a hand cream the most - you simply cannot beat the 'Hand Food' from Soap and Glory. Such a lovely rich formula that really nourishes and helps combat dry, cracked hands (yum) but yet absorbs quickly and doesn't leave them with that gross sticky feeling for ages. Plus, the scent is that gorgeous classic, musky S&G fragrance too!

SOAP AND GLORY 'HEEL GENIUS' FOOT CREAM - Finally, another winner from Soap and Glory, especially around this time of year. Just like your hands, your feet are another area that can really take the brunt of the cooler weather and need a little extra TLC - and this foot cream is exactly what you need for that. Like the 'Hand Food' this really gets to work at nourishing and hydrating the area, yet isn't too heavy or greasy in anyway and unlike a lot of foot creams, this one is the only one I've tried that actually helps repair the skin overtime, as opposed to simply coating it with product that, once absorbed, doesn't leave a noticeable difference afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS