navigation

Friday 26 October 2018

Polish Pick: Ruby Sparkle


I did a little something different with my nails again this week so obviously, I just had to share them with you all. And I really like how they came out - super deep in colour, a little sparkly and perhaps a little Halloween-esque too? Let's take a closer look...

I started off with the Barry M Limited Edition Nail Paint in ''. A super deep, rich purple with fine flecks of red and gold shimmer running through it - it is not only stunning, but also the perfect Autumnal nail colour too. It definitely needs a good two coats to get the colour fully opaque, but once it's there, it's certainly worth it. n fist glance it looks like a standard dark berry colour, but as soon as the light catches it, you instantly see all of that gorgeous shimmer. As always, you could easily leave things there - but you know me - I like to go that one step further with my nails more often than not, so, this time round I decided to top things off with even more shimmery goodness. Cause who said you can ever have too much glitter, eh? To do this, I went in with an old favourite of mine, also from Barry M - and it is their Nail Paint in 'Ruby Slippers'. A deep raspberry-pink shimmer, layered over the top of the colour colour used here, it just creates such a gorgeous contrast and really helps emphasises the lighter shimmer flecks that were already present. And there we have it - a really pretty, Autumnal-appropriate look and I almost feel as if these would make for great Halloween nails too, if you fancied getting in the spirit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS