navigation

Friday 12 October 2018

New In At The Drugstore


I know, it's been a long while since I did this type of post - right? I don't know why, but I just haven't done a good ol' round-up of all of the new releases at the drugstore for ages. However, over the past few weeks, there have been a lot of new products launched and I've been intrigued in trying a whole lot of them too. So, I guess that made a new edition of 'New In At The Drugstore' kinda inevitable at last - yay! Let's get started...

The first pretty exciting launch recently is the brand-new Revolution 'The Mascara Revolution' MascaraFinally, the one makeup product that was missing from their range! Priced pretty reasonably at £8 (a similar price-point to most drugstore mascaras), it claims to be pretty damn amazing too. This mascara claims to 'create a natural curl with it hourglass-shaped brush while its highly pigmented formula adds amazing volume and length that won't flake or smudge and dries down to  lave your with fanned out, defined lashes'. Sounds pretty good, right? This basically seems to do everything I want in a mascara, so I'm definitely super-excited to give this a go and see how well it works for me. I'll let you know how I get on...

I also picked up a new foundation release - the Collection Lasting Perfection Weightless Foundation. Though as I've said, right now I am fully converted to the Revolution Conceal and Define Foundation, I saw this new one from Collection being hyped up lately and with it being so affordable at £4.99 - I figured I could easily give it a go to see how it compares to my new favourite. I picked it up in the shade '02 Warm Ivory' as the first, lightest colour looked a little too light and also far too pink and cool-toned for my skin, but this shade *hopefully* looks to be a pretty good for me. This claims to give 'flawless coverage, minimise imperfections and last for up to 16 hours' - which all sounds pretty impressive and like the sort of thing I look for in my foundations - and like I said, I thought I'd see how well this stands up against my new holy grail, the Conceal and Define. I'll keep your posted with how it does!

Eyes-wise, I spotted something new from NYX - the Glitter Goals Liquid Eyeshadows. As you'll probably know, I am currently kinda obsessed with these kind of liquid glitter-type products right now - I love the ones from Barry M and Lottie London - and so I'm intrigued to see whether this offering from NYX is anything like those and if so, how they compare. They claim to 'pack your lids with mesmerising lustre and sparkle, with a lightweight, liquid-smooth formula that's loaded with glitter and glides on effortlessly'. I picked up the shade 'Poppy Fields' - a gorgeous deep, red-toned copper - and I cannot wait to try it out and see whether I can add this range to my list of favourite liquid glitter shadows...

Finally, we come to Nails. You all know by now that the Barry M Gelly Nail Paints are by far some of my favourites and so whenever they release new shades, I can't help but be intrigued and inevitably pick one or two up. And with the arrival of Autumn, comes a new drop of colours for this collection and two in particular really caught my attention. They are 'Ginger' (a gorgeous burnt red/orange) and 'Rhubarb' (a deep, kind of dusky berry purple). As always, this range claims to 'provide an extra glossy finish in just one coat' and having tried many, many colours from the range so far, it's safe to say I wholeheartedly agree. So, I'm pretty happy to have two new shades to play around and lacquer up my nails with. Expect to see them popping up in some 'Polish Picks' very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS