navigation

Friday 6 September 2019

Polish Pick: Revolution High Gloss Nail Polish in 'Lingerie'


Finally, I'm back trying another of the new nail polishes from Revolution that I picked up a little while ago! All from their 'main', High Gloss Nail Polish range - this time, we have a classic nude...

Over the past few years I've actually come to appreciate a more neutral nail polish. Don't get me wrong, I still most definitely love wearing bright and bold pops of colours on my talons the majority of the time, but now and again I've certainly come to enjoy just lacquering on a more neutral hue and calling it a day. And when perusing the shade range from Revolution, one of the first things I noticed was the amount of nude shades they had on offer - and not only that, but the gorgeous gradient they had going on too. From lighter beiges to deeper browns, there really is a 'nude' for everyone in here - which is always a good thing these days when diversity is finally becoming a massive thing in the beauty industry (and rightly so!). But of them all, this one which kinda sat somewhere in the middle caught my attention the most - 'Lingerie'. Isn't she a beaut? A gorgeous, mid-toned pinky-brown nude. In some lights it appears more rosey and in others, slightly more brown-based but in reality, it's like the ideal mix of the two. Also, FYI, it actually looks a lot more pinky-toned a just generally prettier than it appears in the above photos, annoyingly! It's not too light for my paler skin-tone, but also not too deep so as to not fit that 'nude' category for my paler skin-tone (though of course with 'nude' being pretty subjective, on other skin-tones it'll likely appear different and either more or less so) so in all in, it's a pretty good match for me. And seeing as I'm not as much of a fan of wearing truly brown-based nude shades on my nails personally, I just love how warm and rosey it is. It's just super flattering and easy to wear and as you'd imagine, goes with everything too! What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS