navigation

Friday 26 May 2017

Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Nude Lipsticks - It's Love...





As I said in this post when detailing the newest Tanya Burr Cosmetics launch in my last post here, I haven't really picked up any traditional nude lipsticks that aren't of the liquid variety for what feels like the longest of times - whether new or simply in my pre-existing stash. With liquid mattes being so 'in' right now, they have been all that I have really gravitated towards for a long while now but recently, I've took a little break from them and have been cracking out some of the 'proper' lipsticks again. I actually feel this was mainly sparked off by that aforementioned drop from Tanya Burr's range as since trying (and loving) her two new lippie hues a couple of weeks ago, I've since been having a trawl through my collection to see what else I've got kickin' around and I came across these which I'd already given a thumbs up to, but hadn't thrown on for a little while. They're a pretty new release from Maybelline and they. are. awesome. Introducing, the Color Sensational Matte Nude Lipsticks...


The whole 'Color Sensational' Lipsticks from Maybelline aren't at all a new range, but the 'Matte Nudes' that have been added within it certainly are and when I saw them in store a few months back, I knew I wanted to try a shade (or two) out. I actually first sampled the rosey, blush pink 'Smokey Rose' back in March and loved it so much that a while later I went back and picked up the more 'true' nude 'Beige Babe' but admittedly, I've only now gotten round to giving it a proper go. As I said, it's more of a classic nude shade than the rosey tones of 'Smokey Rose' and so works perfectly for when you want something a little more parred-back and traditionally neutral that can work with virtually any and every look. That being said, the formula of these lipsticks is what really wins me over though. They're matte, but not so matte that they're drying on the lips. It's more of a 'creamy' matte effect that has all the benefits of a matte lippie, but without the massive drawbacks and they're lovely. They're super pigmented and give a really opaque, rich wash of colour in one swipe and because they have that matte finish to them, they are pretty darn long-lasting too. What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS