navigation

Friday 19 December 2014

Beauty Brand Favourites: Rimmel #DitsyDecember


It's time for another 'Beauty Brand Favourites', a little series on this 'ere slice of the internet where I talk through five of my top products from one of my favourite beauty brands. Today it's yet another drugstore brand as I'm focusing all on Rimmel...
 
Stay Matte Pressed Powder. Simple, but a staple. I've seen so many cite this as HG material in both blogs and YouTube videos alike. I, like many others before me no doubt, was introduced to this by the great and gorgeous Tanya Burr, who has always maintained this as her favourite drugstore powder. And she certainly wasn't wrong. Before using this I used to find powder to look cakey on my face and almost dry it out too much - yes, I do know what powder is used for. This, however, is perfect. Although it implies  a matte finish in the title, I've found that by using only a little in the right places can still leave your face with some glow in it. It doesn't leave your face cakey in any way and whatever finish you leave, it really does 'Stay' in place that way.

Match Perfection Foundation - This was actually the first foundation I used back a couple of years ago on recommendation of my Mum (who's an avid fan of their Lasting Finish formula) and it was the one I used for my prom last year. I still really like it and would happily go back to it if in a complete panic. I've ummed and arred over the Wake Me Up as my next foundation trial-out, but with mixed reviews between 'It's so glowy' and 'Gosh it's glittery!' I might leave that for the time being.
 
Natural Bronzer - When I was first getting into the whole 'contoured-cheeks-bronzed-goddess-glow' thing (and possibly not doing very well at it) this caught my eye in the Boots cosmetic stands. Not gonna lie, the word 'Natural' sold me on this one - who wants orange strips on their face?! And it really lives up to its claims. I can apply this really gradually without ever being too heavy handed and find the finish is subtle but noticeable. The colour is a perfect mix of warm enough to warm up your complexion but cool enough to act as a contour and I loves it.
 
Wake Me Up Concealer - Whilst I am a little weary on the foundation, having found many more positive reviews on the concealer in the same range, I was sold. I picked this up a while ago and have pretty much been using it every day since. Only one thing I would say - it claims to be able to cover bags, blemishes; the lot, but with 'radiance' properties I wouldn't recommended smothering your red spots in this stuff. Other than that, this beauty is fab at covering dark circles and illuminating any areas you're lacking in the glow department.
 
Moisture Renew, Lasting Finish and Kate Moss Lipsticks - Probably the most obvious from the start. Their lipstick range. Now this gets a lot of buzz in the blogging world, with some raving about the formula and longevity, and others citing many a MAC dupe in the bunch. These all get their fair share of hype equally, but I'd say Kate's just might pip the other two to the post. Try and find a beauty blogger who doesn't at least own 107. It's Zoella's fave and having given it a go recently, just might be mine too...

2 comments:

  1. i really want to try out the lipstick and the concealer, although i worried that the concealer wouldn't be high coverage enough for my dark under eyes, i've tried out the foundation and i thought the consistency was nice but it was a bit pale for me so i don't reach for it too often - nice post!

    fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concealer I'd say is perfect for dark circles as it isn't too heavy, though still manages to brighten and illuminate! I'd definitely say it's better used for under the eyes than for on any other blemishes though! Thank you! X

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS