navigation

Saturday 20 December 2014

To Falsies Or Not To Falsies? #DitsyDecember

 
With the party season approaching comes thoughts of party-ready makeup. Of course it's all down to personal preference, but to many it's a chance to go all out and possibly apply every single item of makeup you own to your face at once. Definitely have never done that. Never. To others they may fancy going a little more low key, possibly seeing it as no different to any other time of the year in terms of their getting ready routine. And this is where there comes disagreement. One of these in particular may be the question of 'Falsies or No Falsies?'

Now I will hold up my hands now and admit that right now, I've yet to venture into the crazy world of false lashes (despite having purchased the above pair purely for the aesthetic purposes of this post). I've read up of how you apply them, watched tutorials from experts and others in the online beauty community and yet they've never particularly interested me as much as they perhaps should. However, I know that for many girls and women, they're a necessity at all times of the year and if not, they most definitely are over the party season.
 
Instead I'm much more of a mascara wearer, believing that with the right formula, wand and application, nobody will ever know that that your lashes haven't come straight out of a packet. I've even had somebody question me once over what ones I was wearing as they were so convinced that I'd applied falsies. Maybe it's just that I've been blessed with a good natural flutter, as I know some girls feel like they need to apply lashes to build on an area they feel they are lacking in. But even if that's not the case, and they would normally feel content with just applying mascara, is there a degree of expectation that they must apply falsies to 'finish the look' and 'make it more party-appropriate'?
 
What are your thoughts? Are you a 'Falsies' or a 'No Falsies' kinda person?

2 comments:

  1. I don't wear falsies on everyday basis I agree that with the right mascara you can make your own lashes look great but I do like to wear falsies if I'm going on a night out I feel like they do complete a look :)
    Lucy x
    www.lucyabbaszadeh.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that if I ever did give them a go it'd be for more of a night event than daytime, as I wouldn't want to look too 'done' but I do think that with the right lashes and application they can blend in really nicely and almost be unnoticeable. I think I'll just stick with mascara for now! I guess this is what I was sort of getting at - it's all down to personal preference! X

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS