navigation

Tuesday 23 December 2014

Festive Nail Inspiration #DitsyDecember


For today's post I thought I'd revisit a topic I've frequently done so throughout this years' #DitsyDecember series. It is of course - nails. Although this time it's the nails post. We've had Polish Picks, hauls of pretty polishes and an ode to the glitter form of the stuff though today I'm compiling this all together to form what I'm dubbing, my 'Festive Nail Inspiration'. Basically a few days ago I sat down and painted one hand of nails, with a different 'look' on each purely for the benefit of you lovely lot incase any of you are sitting wondering just how you'd like to lacquer yours up this festive season. Enjoy...
 
Firstly, we have the 'Black and Gold Shimmer/Glitter'. Why have shimmer or glitter alone when you can have both? Some may call it overkill, others may beam in joy at the thought, so lets just dub this 'The One For Those Who Seriously Love Sparkle'. I used the colour combo of black and gold here (Anyone else wanna sing Sam Sparro?) as I love the 'dark-light' effect it gives, though of course you could adapt it to suit your preferences, as you could with any of these looks. I personally used the Collection Gothic Glam polish in 'Deadly' as a shimmery base, before layering on top the Collection Bedazzled polish in 'Tea At The Glitz' for an extra added razzle-dazzle.
We then have the classic 'Festive Nail'. Red, green, gold, silver - it's all in there. For this I used a red Rimmel Salon Pro polish in 'Mars' as a base and then went in with another Rimmel polish, one of their 'Glitter Bombs' in the shade 'Midnight Mistletoe' over the top a couple of times to create a sparkly overlay. Pwetty.
I then went a bit wild with the nail art tools I had and used the dotting tool to create what I'm calling the 'Bauble Nail'. For this I again used the 'Mars' polish as a base, before using a souble-eneded dotting tool from a Topshop nail art set I had to create a mix of large and smaller 'bauble' shapes on top. For these I used the Barry M Gelly in 'Cardamom' and the same shimmery black and gold 'Deadly' polish I used for the first nail look.
I then went back in with the glitter (again) and used silver on top of a black base to create an 'Ombre Glitter Nail'. For this I applied some black polish - I think I used a basic Miss Sporty one I had lying around - and then started applying the glitter (I used a silver glitter top coat from Barry M). I started by applying some all over my nail, before gradually working the colour upwards towards the tip, applying a coat on 3/4 of my nail, then one on the top 1/2, and then one final coat on the very tips to create a gradual 'ombre' effect. I loves it.
I then finally offered something for those of you who maybe haven't got so long in advance to prepare and need a quick festive fix. This is the 'Simple Shimmer Top Coat' nail. For this I picked Barry M 'Raspberry' polish, although you could use any particularly wintery shades you had lying around, after all this is one for anyone in a bit of a mad, panic-stricken rush! I simply applied a couple of coats of this, before then applying an old, old polish I had from Maybelline (I'm not even sure if they do this anymore) - one of their Colorama glitter top coats in '' over the whole nail to transform what would usually be a normal shade into a far more party-appropriate festive affair.

What are all you lovely lot considering donning this festive season on your nail beds?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS