navigation

Wednesday 24 December 2014

My Christmas Eve Pamper Routine #DitsyDecember


Christmas Eve, when I was a child, meant getting ridiculously excited for Santa to arrive down the chimney and deliver all my presents for me to open the next morning. Spoiler alert - it was actually my parents all along - who would'a thought it?! Seriously though, compared to nowadays, how times have changed. Being 17, I now fully dedicate Christmas Eve to the ultimate pamper evening (and sometimes afternoon). Full of a nice long bath, pretty much every bath-related product I own and watching endless festive films and flicks with plenty of tasty food and hot drinks. But exactly what consists of my big pamper sesh before the Big Day? Read on to find out...

I like to firstly run a nice-sized bath so I can really have a proper soak in there. Whilst it's running I like to take my makeup off and go through the first stages of my night-time skincare routine, such as cleansing and toning my face, so it's completely clean before I get in the bath. I use either some bath cream that I'm currently going through or the most likely option at the moment for these types of nights - a LUSH product. Bath bombs, melts, bubble bars, they pretty much have all bases covered whatever you're looking for. I put whatever takes my fancy into my bath, get in and go from there...

I firstly exfoliate my body, most likely with a Soap and Glory product, mainly focusing on areas such as my arms and legs so any dry/dead skin is buffed away. I particularly like to go through this step in the winter as I find that's when my skin is especially dehydrated. I then shave my legs (and any other areas - #TMI) and apply a face mask before laying back and letting myself (hopefully) relax and unwind for as long as I can stand doing nothing in the bath (only me that sometimes finds baths boring?)

After getting out of the bath I like to remove my face mask and continue with the rest of my face skincare - using the Superdrug Moisture Boost Serum, Nivea Sensitive Night Cream and Benefit's It's Potent Eye Cream. I then go into my bedroom and slather myself in whatever body butter/lotion I have to hand - I again particularly like the Soap and Glory ones and as soon as I don't feel too tacky I jump straight into my cosiest pyjamas and dressing gown before making my way downstairs.

I like to watch lots of Christmas TV and films before the actual day, and especially on Christmas Eve, so it'll most likely be one of them that I'll snuggle up to and watch that night with some snacks and/or a yummy hot chocolate (Wispa Gold 4 Eva) or fruit tea. Mmmmhm. In between all of that I like to take some time to carry out a proper nail-routine - sorting my cuticles out, giving my nails a trim and using one of those 4-way buffer thingymajigs - and painting both my fingers and toes all Christmassey and festive-like. Check back on Boxing Day to see just what I chose to lacquer up my fingernails with for Christmas Day - warning: expect lots of glitter.

After plenty of chill-out time, I'll then make my way back upstairs and do any other things I like to do before bed - brush my teeth and hair, and put my eye drops and retainer in (You can imagine what beautiful state I'm in by the time bedtime rolls around). I then hopefully manage to bypass my excitement (this time of year still makes me giddy) to at some point fall asleep, all primed and preened ready for tomorrow morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS