navigation

Monday 22 December 2014

My Christmas Playlist #DitsyDecember


With the big day only a matter of days away now what better time than to give you lot a run-down on a few of my favourite festive tracks that I repeatedly play this time of year to get me in the Christmassy mood? I know so many of you would have already heard of these as they are proper Christmas classics, but as Buddy The Elf likes to say - 'The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud (or at least shouting loud to everyone about your favourite festive songs) for all to hear'. So lets get one with it!
 
Fairytale of New York / The Pogues and Kirsty McColl - The big one. The classic. Everyone knows this. I personally love it purely because of it always makes me do some kind of jig round the living room and the fact there's a few (very slightly) naughty words in it that some radio stations choose to bleep out (come on - why?).
All I Want For Christmas Is You / Mariah Carey - Another classic that's no doubt a sure-fire favourite amongst us ladies this time of year. What better excuse to act the diva and pretend we can all hit those high notes, which, if we go by the video/gif that's been circling recently, are apparently a struggle for the lady herself nowadays?
Merry Christmas Everyone / Shakin' Stevens - I love this. It always makes me do the 'arm drum' as I like to call it, which is basically where a song has an instrumental (in this case the 'ba dum boom boom' when the music kicks in) that I like to act out as if it was me playing the actual instrumental. Oh so cool.
Step into Christmas / Elton John - Yet anther 'arm drum' one - can you sense a theme here? It's also got as some piano goin' on so I'm like a bit of a one-man-band with this number really.
Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) / The Darkness - Fancy something a bit different? The Christmas song to rock out to after perhaps one too many Baileys and mince pies. Again it's one with instrumental in it, and you all know what that means...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS