navigation

Tuesday 16 December 2014

Five Favourite Finds of 2014 #DitsyDecember


As we're now heading ever-closer to the end of the year a.k.a. '2014 Favourites' time, I thought I'd give a little briefer run-down by giving you the deets on a few of the ones that I discovered in 2014. Think of it as my Favourite New Beauty Finds or something like that. Four products that I've discovered this year and repeatedly used/purchased ever since. Also things I've most likely already raved about somewhere on this blog...

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. I know this wasn't technically launched this year, but I was a bit later on the bandwagon with this one, with it first reaching my hands when I went on the hunt for a SPF-free medium-coverage base from the drugstore. Spoiler alert - It's a darn difficult challenge. This was one of the very few I came across so I thought I'd give it a try and I'm so glad I did. I've already gave more detailed post  featuring it here so feel free to give that a check out to see more in-depth review.

L'Oreal Super Liner Brow Artiste Pencil. Now up until finishing this I was using a pencil from 2 True which I just wasn't getting along with as much as I used to, as I told you all about here. I came across the 'Blonde' shade of this in Boots one day and, upon swatching it on the back of my hand, found the colour to be much more appropriately-toned for my brows than the 2 True one so in my basket it went. I gave it whirl the next day and loved it. The formula sits sort of halfway between 'waxy' and 'soft', meaning it's easy to apply, yet still has the staying power that lasts all day. The colour, as I said, has an ashy tone to it so doesn't come up at all orange and leaves a very natural finish. This product has transformed my eyebrows.

Urban Decay Primer Potion. Again another product that didn't come to market this year, but I only got properly into these past 12 months. I'm sure every other beauty blogger's already talked about this but I thought I better throw my two cense in. I wanted an eye primer that made my eyeshadow last all day and plumped for probably the most talked about of the bunch, in travel form as I didn't want to waste my molar if it wasn't up to scratch. I also tried one from Benefit, though I could not get along with that at all compared to how I got along with Primer Potion. In short - it really does keep everything in place from the moment you apply in the morning to the moment you remove it at night. I also notice such a difference in the quality of my eyeshadow when using this underneath - it applies so much more vibrantly and pigmented as opposed to when applied alone. I could now not be without this stuff. I'm already eyeing up a repurchase of the full-sized...

Collection Little Mix Love 'All About The Eyes' Palette. Another eye product and another favourite find from the past year that I've also previously talked about here. The thing I guess I really fell in love with about this product was the shade selection and compactability. Whilst it only holds 6 shades compared to other palettes that hold a standard of around 12, the shades you do get able you to do anything ranging from a simplistic eye look up to a more full-on smokey eye. The actual shadows are also of great quality considering the lower price point - buttery and soft - and I get little to no fall-down when applying them. This combined with the Primer Potion and you're onto a winner.

Bourjois Rogue Edition Velvet Lipsticks. Can you tell I really loved Bourjois this year? I remember hearing about the launch of these earlier this year but it was only when I heard just how great the formula was from other bloggers (*ahem Anna*) that I listened up. With a wedding coming up where I wanted to wear a bright pink lip, the 'Pink Pong' shade was what I went for and I'm so glad I did. The applicator is a dream to work with and the formula is spot on - matte and so incredibly long-lasting and not at all messy, but still comfortable on the lips. I made a Beauty Resolution to try and wear bold lips more and I think my discovery of these may just have sparked me to become more of a bright lip lover...


2 comments:

  1. these are all products that i've wanted to try out but i haven't got round to it yet! nice post :-)

    fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh well I'd really recommend all of them - such good products, especially with most of them being drugstore! Thankyou so much! X

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS