navigation

Thursday 11 December 2014

Glitter-tastic #DitsyDecember







If there's a time in the year when all things glittery seriously come into their own, it's now. There's something about the stuff paired with all the festivities of the season that just works. Whether it be on clothing, accessories, in makeup or heck, even bath products - we all seem to go crazy for everything glitter-tastic, even if at a completely different time of year we'd reject the notion of taking a second glance at it. So, inevitably taking the topic back to more familiar beauty grounds, what are my top products that are perfect for fully embracing this rather dazzling trend this year?
Now this isn't personally my thing, as you'd know if you've read this post. Basically, I'm not one for the glitter-filled products of LUSH. However I know so many are, especially around this time of year so I guess it's got to be mentioned on the behalf of every other beauty fanatic. Whilst I've obviously not used any of these, my top picks from what I've read and heard would be Golden Wonder (a citrusy bath bomb full of golden glitter), Candy Mountain (a sugary-sweet bubble bar with pink shimmer) and Star Light Star Bright (an uplifting, moisturising bath melt covered in silver glitter).
 
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without glittery nails, eh? For what seems like every single year I've cracked this classic out. Fellow lovers of sparkly nails, do not fret - a post centred entirely on this topic will be coming your way pretty soon, and how could I also not post about what lacquer I've chosen for the Big Day this year?
 
Makeup-wise, I'm again not a massive fan of all-out glitter covering every inch of your face, but I do like to embrace the season this way in some form. My personal favourite is the eyes. I feel this is the easiest and 'beginner-friendly' way of tackling this trend with your makeup. Most of us are partial to a bit 'o' shimmer on the eyelids all year round, but if you're maybe looking for something even more subtle, why not try a glitter eyeliner for a hint of sparkle at the lashline? For the more brave there is of course the lip option, with shimmery lipsticks, glosses and balms galore here. I find a lipgloss with a slight bit of sparkle here to be the most flattering and can be easily used to transform a usual day look into a more party-ready evening affair. Base-wise, everyone loves a bit of highlighter for that glowy look and maybe for beginners it can be a simple starting point, paired with usual eyes and lips for a subtle but sparkly nod to the season.
 
For clothing I feel this is wear I'm a tad more brave and I personally find I can carry off more in this area sparkle-wise. I love jumpers at this time of year (who doesn't?) and I love finding ones such as the one below which marry them together with glitter perfectly. I think I wore this last year for Christmas Day paired with some disco pants and I feel it was a nice twist on the classic jumper, adding a sprinkle of festivity but without feeling too over-dressed whilst I was stuffing my face with every bit of food I could find.
 
Finally, accessories. If I'm feeling a little less brave as to want to wear full-on glitter-laden clothing items, accessories is where I head next. Since my pre-teens I've always been a lover of jewellery (hence why I'm now the proud owner of two lobe, one tragus, and one nose piercings). The accessory section of Primark is where you'd frequently find me most Saturday mornings, and this obsession has well continued into me being  a (nearly) 18 year old. Over this time, I've managed to acquire quite the collection, many being glittery/sparkly - a selection is laid out below. I think I need to be restrained. And fast.

And there we have a few ways of in cooperating glitter into our beauty routine this festive season! Though, should we really limit ourselves to just Christmas and New Year? I think I might start a petition - 'Glitter All Year Round'...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS