navigation

Friday 12 December 2014

A Tour Of My Dressing Table #DitsyDecember

Up until a while ago I was pretty slack with how I stored my makeup collection. I was totally reliant on a rather-on-the-small-size makeup bag that, whilst was fine when I first got into makeup, was getting to the point of being more and more crammed with cosmetic goodies. My supposed 'dressing table' was getting increasingly piled with (to put it bluntly) crap that had no use whatsoever. I needed a proper organisation system and fast.

I think it's no secret that plastic storage has well and truly taken over our makeup minds when it comes to how we organise our collections, with pretty much every blogger or pure makeup fanatic owning some. One particular brand, MUJI, has certainly been the front-runner in this revolution of makeup organisation so of course when searching for a new way to hoard my stash, this was the website I went to first. Quite a bit of deliberation later and some items were added to my basket, and some money was (once again) stolen from my bank account. Once said items had arrived I was eager to unwrap them and transform my dressing area into an actual proper dressing table, something it never really had ever been. This was quite some time ago now, but having had this system in place for a few months and feeling pretty happy with how it works for me, I felt now was the best time to give you a little sneak peak into how I organised my dressing area and specifically, how I organise my makeup collection. (Side note for those of you who may be curious... I'm hoping to do a proper 'Makeup Collection' post sometime in the new year where I focus more on the contents of my plastic drawers as again I'm feeling pretty happy with how it is at the moment and feel confident in sharing it with you lot.) For now though, on with the Dressing Table Tour...

This is the general overview of my dressing table. As you can see I have two MUJI storage towers on which two pink pen pots sit on each one. I also have a standalone mirror and my jewellery box which I use to keep all of my 'nice' jewellery. On top of that sit a few items I couldn't find anywhere else to store. I also have a few random items stashed in any spare corners I can find.
I also to the side of my dressing table have a bookshelf, on the top of which I have a plastic tower which I keep my hair bands and grips in, and on the top of that is another standalone mirror and a few random items such as my USB stick. I then to the left of that have a white plastic box which I got from The Range recently for me to keep my LUSH items in. I also to the left of that have my IPhone box.
Here are my first two pink pen pots, which I got from Amazon. In these two I hold my makeup brushes - face brushes in one, eye brushes in the other.
In the other two I hold some random, 'cheap' brushes that I've had a for years due to various sets I've been bought as I've grown up and only really use when my main ones are being washed or still drying. In the other I keep all of my pencil products - eye pencils and lip pencils.
This is my larger MUJI tower that consists on four large, thicker draws. Like I said I won't go into too much detail as to what's in each draw as I'd like to do that properly sometime soon, but I think this gives a general overview. I generally keep face products in this tower.
This is my smaller MUJI tower that consists of three thinner draws. This tower is generally used for lip products and the storage of any products I've repurchased before the old ones run out completely.
This is the other corner of my dressing table. Here is my mirror, jewellery stand and a few other random bits and bobs.
I like to keep my Real Techniques boxes here, as they hold the cases that come with each set I own, so if I need them, which I did earlier this year to go on holiday, there they are.
I also behind my mirror like to keep my Urban Decay setting spray (as I can't find anywhere else to put it), a couple of body sprays, my shaver heads (nice) and a few sentimental bits and bobs at the back.
Finally, on top of my jewellery stand I like to keep another mirror (this time it's travel-sized), on top of which I leave my eyelash curlers, pencil sharpener, and a flower hair accessory from when I was a bridesmaid for my big sister earlier this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS