navigation

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Beauty Brand Favourites: Barry M


It's been a while since I last shared with you some of my favourites from one of my favourite beauty brands so today I'm doing exactly that, and as 'Beauty Brand Favourites' is yet to feature a non-makeup brand, this time round I'm talking nails and what has to be my top brand for my beds - Barry M.

Now this one's certainly been a toughie as like I said, whilst other brands do get the occasional look-in, Barry M and their mahoosive colour/finish selection otherwise rules the roost, and so I could sit here pretty much all day and ramble on about a good twenty+ that I love but somehow (and I don't know how) I've managed to get it down to five - *pats self on back and hears round of applause in the faint background* - GO ME. There are of course others that I've yet to try and no doubt in time this line-up may change but without further ado, let me introduce to my current crème de la crème of Barry M...

Barry M 'Birthday' Nail Paint - This polish I've mentioned a few times in this 'ere internet space of mine (I featured it in a Polish Pick post here), and for good reason as it has to be one of my favourite favourites of Barry M's whole collection. This was an apparent Limited Edition for Superdrug's 50th Birthday last year, though when I go onto the website it still appears so perhaps its being kept on full-time for now at least. I think if I were to be allowed to design a nail polish of my own, it'd look something like this. A shocking pink base with smaller and larger flecks of pink, purple and white sparkle - this has my name written all over it and I'm actually tempted to buy a few back-ups of it just incase they do discontinue it in the end.

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine 'Pomegranate' - This has to come a close second to the above, as whenever I'm unsure over what to paint my nails I always seem to come back to this shade. A deep pink with an almost berry undertone, this is a really flattering shade that that just always looks good on me and I always seem to get compliments on. As with the majority of the Gelly shades I've tried, the formula is incredibly shiny and also long-lasting and sometimes I can get away with a single coat if I'm in a rush.

Barry M Silk Effect 'Blossom' - A slightly different one, this comes from their Silk Effect line, which is basically designed to give a more matte sheen to the beds - hence the 'Silk' description. This range launched sometime launched year and I picked out what I saw as the most 'me' shade of the bunch, a pale, yet not too pale baby pink. I find the key with these is kick-ass application - whereas with their regular and Gelly finishes you can be a little more slapdash, these require a bit more attention to ensure no streaks, as like metallic polishes these to have a tendency to leave stroke marks.

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine 'Kiwi' - Despite me owning little (a.k.a. no) clothing in any shade of green, it seems to be a colour I gravitate towards especially when it comes to nail colour, with this being only one of many I own, but my personal favourite. Another Gelly Effect from their Summer 2014 Collection, this time in a beautiful jade green that I wore constantly over the Summer (one time that I documented in my first-ever Polish Pick post here) and no doubt it'll be brought back out of it's current hiding place when the warmer months start up again. Again it's a shade that really perks up your general hand area (sure there's a better way of phrasing that) and attracts many a 'What Is On Your Nails?!' question.

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine 'Guava' - Finally, finishing with another shade I seem to lean towards a lot in terms of polish - blue. This one was from a couple of Summers back when the range first launched and is a bright turquoise/teal - I can't make up my mind which one exactly. This again is one I especially go for in the warmer months of the year, but at the same time I also find the blue tones make it quite a classic, easy-to-wear colour that kind of compliments everything.

And so that concludes my first nail-related Beauty Brand Favourites! What are your personal top picks from the Barry M stand? I'd love to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS