navigation

Friday 6 March 2015

What Drugstore Brand Is Best For What?


A few weeks ago I was inspired by this post I saw on Anna's blog, where she posed the question of just what drugstore brand does different types of makeup best - bases, cheeks, eyes and lips. It got me thinking just what I thought, and after some deliberating and a good scour through my stash, I think I've got my own response. Let's do this...

The best for foundation - For me, this has to go to Rimmel. The Match Perfection one was the first I tried and loved, and I'm currently working my way through their new Lasting Finish Nude and are equally impressed, if not more so. My Mum loves the original Lasting Finish formula and I also know of many who rave about the illuminating powers of the Wake Me Up. A good all-rounder.
 
The best for concealer - Now this one I found a little harder, as I couldn't really think of a brand that I'd tried more than one concealer from, although if I had to go for my original favourite, it's pretty easy. I've loved and regularly used the Collection Lasting Perfection pretty much since I really got into makeup, and it really is fab, especially on any facial blemishes. So if we're going on that, it has to go to them.
 
The best for cheeks - It has to go to Sleek. I'm yet to actually try any of their cheek products myself, but if we're going on what's on paper and the raving reviews I've heard, it's an easy one. They offer everything from bronzer to blush to highlight, all available in either handy palettes or cute singles, and the quality is said to be unrivalled in the drugstore pricepoint.
 
The best for eyes - Now this is where it gets tough - I pretty much own something eyes-wise from every drugstore brand going. If I think about it though, I might have to go with Maybelline. I love their 24 Hr Colour Tattoo Cream Eyeshadows, I've heard good things about their eyeliners (especially their gel one) and their range of mascaras has to be my personal favourite when it comes to the drugstore. You know how I feel about The Falsies and The Rocket is pretty darn good for length too.

The best for lips - Again, a broad one as I like to experiment brand-wise when it comes to my pout. If we're talking bolds then I love the Rimmel lipsticks generally, especially the Kate Moss line of regular and matte colours. Their Moisture Renew line I've also heard to be good if you're more about a sheeny-shiny wash of colour. Special shout out goes to Bourjois though, and their fab Rogue Edition Velvets which are probably the best liquid lipsticks I've tried - super matte and long-lasting, yet super comfortable too.

So there are my choices, now I'm putting it over to you lovely lot. If you had to answer the above - what brands would make the cut in each makeup category?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS