navigation

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Polish Pick: Spring Glitter


I thought for this Polish Pick I'd incorporate two newbies to my lacquer stash - as featured in my first 'New In At The Drugstore' post here - both as a way of testing them out myself and giving you lot a glimpse into what they look like once applied.  Here I've combined a shade from the new Barry M Speedy Quick Dry range and the latest Maybelline glitter released as part of their spring-themed 'Rebel Bouquet' collection to create a look I'm titling - Spring Glitter...

I first applied two coats of the Barry M Speedy polish in the shade 'In A Heartbeat' - a beautiful pastel peachy-pink - and was firstly impressed with the application. The brush on these is flat and wide and what I've found to be the type that I can work with best, so I knew we were onto a winner. The polish applied evenly and without too much need for a tidy-up afterwards. The 'Speedy' claim I found to work best on the first coat when things were relatively thin in the layer department and so by the time I'd painted all my nails the first was bone dry and ready for a second. I found as a result of them being so 'Quick Dry' the formula was fairly thin and so another coat was most definitely a must for full opaqueness, and whilst this may not have dried as quick as the first, it was still fairly 'Speedy'.
 
I then moved onto applying one coat of the new Maybelline 'Bouquet' polish, which may I add is stunning if you are anything like myself and a). love glitter on your beds and b). love anything with a pink/rose gold theme. This has both larger and smaller flecks of pale pink, white and rose gold glitter suspended in clear polish so it works as the perfect eye-catching top coat. I found this, unlike some others I've tried, to be really full of the sparkly stuff so when you apply it to your nails it actually transfers and you don't end up with just a load of clear polish and nothing else. The glitter applied evenly with a mix of all the colours creating a beautiful finish paired with the similarly-themed Barry M base colour.
 
I feel this look is perfect for those of you glitter addicts who fully embrace the mass appreciation of the stuff over the festive period then find it all seems a little redundant when the end of Winter/beginning of Spring starts to roll around and you're desperately trying to find a way to team them with the less complementary colours of Spring. What do you think? Will you be trying this out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS