navigation

Monday 16 March 2015

Tried and Tested: Bourjois Colourband 2-in-1 Eyeshadow and Liner



 
I'm a big fan of cream eyeshadows. They work fab as an all-over the lid wash of colour or can be combined to create a smokier look and they can be used as a base for powder products to applied on top of. However, whilst I've always loved them in pot form, their popular stick counterparts have never particularly floated my makeup boat. I tested a couple from Collection a year or so ago and found them to be far drier and more pesky to work with than something like my favourite Maybelline Colour Tattoos so they were quickly put to a side.
 
However, I'm also a sucker for being enabled and when Lily Pebbles mentioned and swatched the new Bourjois Colourband 2-in-1 Eyeshadow and Liner cream shadow sticks in her last 'New Beauty Launches Reviewed' video I was intrigued. On her they appeared far creamier in texture than the Collection ones and whilst there's a grand total of six shade in the line-up from black to rose gold and everything in between, one purpley shade in particular caught my eagle beauty eye. It happened - as you would recall if you read this post a couple of weeks back - and after a trial run, I think it's time to report back. 

This is the shade - let me just look this one up as I'm not the biggest on French - '05 Mauve Baroque' - and it. is. a. beaut. Lily herself likened it to one of her favourite By Terry Ombre Blackstars in the shade 'Misty Rock' and whilst I don't personally own it, having seen videos and posts with it featured and swatched I can see the comparison. A pretty lilac laced with fine silver shimmer that catches the light beautifully, giving an almost 'wet' look to the lid - this may look scary and unwearable in the bullet but in fact once applied and blended out washes the lid with a subtle purple shadow that makes a welcome change from your usual neutral offerings. I've tried this out a few times now and have had no problems with creasing or fading, with the colour looking exactly the same when I come to take it off at the end of the day as it did when I applied it. My one tip? Do one eye at a time as whilst these things are creamy when first applied, boy do they set down after a few seconds of movability.
 
Bourjois have also dubbed these as being '2-in-1' in that their pencil format allows them to double up as a kohl liner as well as cream shadow. While I may not necessary see this as being such greater use for the shade I own and a couple of the other lighter offerings in the range, for the darker shades this could certainly come in handy. The size of the pencil easily allows you to either be more precise and keep the colour purely concentrated at the lashline or be a little more slapdash and apply it somewhere near the roots of your lashes, blend away and hope for the best.
 
It seems I may just have properly fallen in love with cream eyeshadow in pencil format, finally. I may or may not be setting my eyes on the brown shade - '02 Brun Dadaiate' - as we speak...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS