navigation

Monday 14 September 2015

The Maybelline Super Stay Nail Polishes - It's Love...



It's not often that I find a new nail polish love brand-wise. Sure, I love discovering new colours all the time, but more often than not I stick to the ranges I know and trust as opposed to throwing caution to the wind and picking up an entirely new formulation. However, this time round things were different and after hearing many a good thing about the Maybelline Super Stay Nail Polishes - mainly from the gorgeous gal Amelia Liana - I took the plunge and gave them a go...

After a good bit of careful deliberation (choosing nail polishes can be hard work, yanno), I went for two shades out of the line-up. I tried to go for hues which I didn't immediately match to a shade from another brand that I already owned at home - again, hard work people - and eventually plumped for 'Surreal' and 'Divine Wine'. 'Surreal' is completely original to the rest of my collection (#Shocker) which I'm very chuffed about, while still keeping to the kind of hues I tend to go for. A muted blue with the slightest hint of purple (as opposed to many in my collection which sway more on the 'purple with the slightest hint of blue' side of things) - this looks stunning in the bottle and equally so on the nails themselves. 'Divine Wine' is a - you guessed it - deep burgundy wine-like colour. I actually tend to go for this hue often in my wardrobe choices during Autumn/Winter, yet I don't appear to own any nail lacquers that match up - so I'm hoping this is a shade I'll get a lot of use out of over the upcoming cooler months.
 
The formula of these is where I heard the good stuff about though, and I have to say I was in no way disappointed. I painted my nails with 'Surreal' about 5 or 6 days ago now and other than some minor, general wear-and-tear at the very tips of the nails - so far there are no major chips to report. The colour goes on completely and evenly opaque in the standard two coats - although you could perhaps just about get away with one if you're in a rush - and the brush is just my kinda set-up. Flat, wide and with a slight curved-edge - this makes lacquering up a dream and it deposits just the right amount of polish every time. The finish is glossy, shiny and generally very 'gel-like' and I'd say the dry time is pretty comparable to a salon finish too. I'm yet to try 'Divine Wine' - although that is next of my Polish Pick list as soon as I've removed 'Surreal', and after the very pleasant experience I've had with the latter, I'm pretty sure we're going to be very good friends.
 
Have you tried any of the Maybelline Super Stay Nail Polishes yet? If the answer to that question isn't 'Yes' - you know what you need to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS