navigation

Wednesday 16 September 2015

New Bedroom Additions

 
My bedroom has been consistently the same for a good amount of years now - ever since it was first built onto the side of our house as part of an extension basically. I was around 10 or 11 back then and so my decor was far different to how I'd ideally like it to be now. Luckily, it's been known that a re-decoration was on the cards for a while now and in the past few weeks it's finally got kick-started and I'm very excited about it indeed. I'm going for a ditsy floral, Cath Kidston-like theme - surprise, surprise - with a vintage, shabby chic feel to it, so of course I've been picking out items to go alongside this topic and I thought for today's post I'd show you a few of my picks...

I picked up a few bits and pieces from Dunelm Mill recently as they have some gorgeous items in at the moment that really fit with the look I'm going for. I decided to replace my current jewellery  holding set-up of a classic box with a mix of a couple of newbies so went for this lovely Cream Jewellery Stand (£7.99) to hang all of my sentimental and special necklaces that I don't really want to keep where I put any costume jewellery. To go alongside this, I also plumped for the Five Piece Cream Heart Distressed Drawers (£17.99) to keep all of my remaining 'special' jewellery such as watches, rings, bracelets etc. I also thought this would be a great replacement piece of storage for all my odds and ends - like my hairbands and hair grips - which currently reside in a cheap mini plastic drawer set from Poundland that isn't exactly the most ascetically pleasing item in comparison to this vintage-style beauty. Finally from good 'ole Dunelm I went for this Rose and Ellis 3D Heart Frame (£9.99) as a bit of an impulse purchase as I just thought it looked too cute and lovely not to buy. I'd pondered for a while about getting a small little canvas print or frame to put up in my new room to fill one of the spaces I had available for wall decor and this just seemed a perfect candidate. I'm thinking this would look gorgeous hung just above the area where my 'dressing table'-type situation resides and I love the 3D effect to the hearts and how the colours and prints again go along with the whole ditsy floral theme nicely.

I then got a few bits from Amazon - one of my favourite places to shop online, I must add. You can really find some proper gems on there, yanno. The first thing I plumped for was the Butlers Pro Mini Heart Dish (£1.99). Now, I've been on the hunt for something like this for a while. I wanted a tiny little cute dish to store all of my earrings I had on current rotation (the ones I'm using the most at the moment) on my bedside table and I think I've found The One. This really is super small, but I like that about it and it' plain so fits in nicely with my theme and just gels nicely with everything else I've already got going on. I also picked up some of the NiceeShop Drawer Dividers Set of Four in 'Hot Pink' (£7.59). I've always yearned for some proper organisation to the top two drawers of my main dressing table and I think I've finally discovered some. They're pink (so of course fit nicely with the theme again) and more importantly, come in four different variations so I can literally store everything I typically keep in those two drawers in those little beauties instead. Me likes. The last, but certainly not least (more 'possibly my favourite of all of the ones included in this post') is my new nail polish storage set-up. Oh. My. Goodness. I've been on the lookout for a new way to house all my lacquers for what feels like forever now and boy am I happy to have at last sorted something out. Until now, I'd been squashing them all into a (in comparison) teeny-tiny space in one of the shelves in my bookcase and let's just say it wasn't the most ideal of locations. Everything was on one level so it made it super-hard to actually see what polishes I had and there was never any proper, structured order to them. However, now my life has changed - for the better. I'm now the proud owner of the 70 Bottle Nail Polish Display Stand (£21.99). Yeah, you heard that right. I don't actually own exactly 70 bottles of the stuff, but on my last count I had somewhere around the 50-mark and I always think it's best to plan ahead and buy for more than what you've already got just incase my collection expands in the future (who am I kidding, it's always bound to expand). So I plumped for the biggest size I could find and it's actually not that huge in real life - just about managing to squeezed its way onto my dressing table. As soon as it came through in the post I was #InThereLikeSwimwear and immediately unpackaged it, dusted it down and set it up all in about 10 minutes. I've arranged it to my liking at the moment and like I imagined - there's still space to spare, so all in all I'm one happy bunny right now. Fancy a proper tour of it all? It may or may not be coming your way soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS