navigation

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Polish Pick: Tanya Burr Cosmetics Nail Polish in 'Pic 'N' Mix'


If you saw last week's post (here) featuring my first impressions of some of the items from the new Tanya Burr Cosmetics launch, then you may well have spotted that I hauled one of her nail polishes in there to try out. Having always eyed up her nail range ever since it was first launched way back early last year but somehow never quite getting round to actually buying any of them, this time I finally did...

I think the new packaging upgrade was just a little bit of an influencer of my decision to make the jump into finally testing a shade or two out - isn't it just gorgeous? A very sleek, chic design with gold hardware and embossing and (as I found out when unboxing it) the gold lid can in fact be removed to reveal a standard black cap underneath of which the actual brush is attached to - meaning you can choose either to leave the cap on or off when painting your nails - genius! Moving onto the actual nail colour in question though - this is 'Pic 'N' Mix' (I also love the cute names too). Whilst being a huge fan of anything pink-hued, I in fact don't own any shade like this already in my polish collection. I know, I know - shocker. I tend to stay more on the richer or darker side of things when it comes to this wide spectrum as typically anything more paler in the pink polish department just comes off a little too pale for my taste. However, I think I may've just found one right up my street. 'Pic 'N' Mix' is simply the perfect rosey shade, with just the right amount of pale-ness to be considered a pastel, but still maintaining a decent whack of pinky pigment to keep things looking just that - pink. The formula is lovely and easy to use, with the brush itself dispersing just the perfect amount of product onto the beds - achieving the desired level of opaque-ness in two even coats. Everything dries down super fast and hassle-free and the finish is lovely and glossy and the wear-time ain't too bad either. Can you tell I heart this yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS