navigation

Friday 23 October 2015

6 Things I Love About Autumn...


Photo Credit - We Heart It

I love Autumn (much like everyone else in this 'ere blogging community, eh). I understand how stereotypical and cliché this post appears as it seems pretty much all blogs as of late have been pressing 'Publish' on a post not too dissimilar to this - but hey ho - I'm gonna join in anyway and put my two cents in on the topic aswell. Following with my previous posts of this style, today I'm listing six things I love about this time of year (as six is my lucky/favourite number and that). Ready? Here goes...
 
  1. All The Knits. I love when Autumn rolls around and it's time to crack out every single knitted item we own - scarves, hats, gloves and most importantly - jumpers. It also gives us another excuse to go shopping and invest in some new seasonally appropriate pieces - exciting!
  2. Updating My Makeup Bag. Another thing that gives us another reason to crack out our bank card is the change up makeup-wise. Out go the light pearly eyeshadows and pinky/coral lips and in come the return of the deep, rusty bronzes and vampy pouts. Of course, I also tend to switch things up in regards to what I already have in my collection (the sensible option), but who says you can have too may berry lipsticks, eh?
  3. It's Gettin' Hot In Here. Hot food, hot drinks, hot baths - you get the gist. I'm ready for it. Also, the return of the Christmas menus - oh yeah.
  4. Cosy Nights (And Sometimes Days) In. Don't get me wrong - I love a good night out - but sometimes as we head into the cooler section of the year weather-wise (not that we'd really notice, considering our 'Summer'), there's nothing more enjoyable than snuggling down on the sofa in all the fluffy layers while it's all cold and wet outside, with a hot drink, some snacks and a film. Again, cliché - but so good.
  5. Family Time. Again, don't get me wrong here - as of course family time is something partaken in all year round - but for some reason during this time of year it just seems like it's even more prominent in our diaries. And I for one could not be more happy about it - oh yeah.
  6. The Promise Of Halloween, Bonfire's Night... and Christmas! Need I say any more? It is the most wonderful time of the year after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS